As Scribus "Aqua" been tested with OS X Lion?

Previous topic - Next topic

Fennec72

Is there a version of Scribus that is working with the next version of Mac OS X (Lion , OS X 10.7)?

a.l.e

Fennec72

Quote from: a.l.e on June 16, 2011, 10:56:18 PM
do you have lion? have you tried?
No I haven't Lion yet but I plan to buy it when it will be released in July.

Because I'm using Scribus on Snow Leopard quite often, I hope it will work fine with Lion.

That's all.

a.l.e

on the one side, i don't think that the scribus team has access to apple's systems before they are released...

on the other side, i wonder why you are talking about scribus "aqua"... there is no aqua version of scribus anymore... it's just an application for mac, now!
with a correct .dmg for installing it.
(this is important, because depending on the way you're installing scribus on mac, you may still see a -aqua package floating around, but it's probably a very old one! don't use it :-)

Admin

Ale is right. We don't have access to pre-release versions of MacOS X. Why would we even want to test Scribus against something that's not even released yet anyway?
Scribus Forum Admin. Please PM with questions if you are having administrative problems with the forum.

Fennec72

Quote from: scribus on June 18, 2011, 09:18:12 PM
Ale is right. We don't have access to pre-release versions of MacOS X. Why would we even want to test Scribus against something that's not even released yet anyway?

Sorry for this term "aqua" which is not good!
the version I use is actually the 1.4.0 rc3.

I guess you will test Scribus with Lion as soon as the release of Lion in July.
During a chat with Apple support I have been told that applications running under Snow Leopard should work fine under lion.