Open Bezier courves and PDF export

Previous topic - Next topic

lockheed02

Greetings,

while I'm not too new to Scribus I now and then hit topics I not had to deal with before. Luckily there is always a corner that helps to find things.
My problem is that when I made a nice wave using a bezier courve and it looks fine on screen or when I export it as image (png or jpg), the result is as expected: a nice courvy line. When I export to PDF, the generated file contains the bezier courve but does connect the beginnig and ending points. So I have my courvy line - but with an ugly line connecting the ends.

In one of my tests I could somehow bypass this behavior but I failed so far finding a logic why it looks different on screen/image export compared to PDF export. All I'm using is a bezir courve with color shift (from blue to cyan for example). And I'm on Scribus 1.5.8.

Any idea what I could check?

Thank a lot

Lockheed

a.l.e

can you please attach the .sla file (or another .sla file where you only have pasted the specific bezier... and still shows the issue) in here?

... or if you're pretty sure that it's a bug, directly open a ticket in https://bugs.scribus.net with the same file attached?

lockheed02

Thank you. I uploaded the files to discord, I hope the links will work.

The difference between the 2 lines are the color transition (I made the second line a bit thicker so it's easier to see)

SLA file

PNG export

PDF export

Do I have to do something different for an PDF export?

Thanks again for looking into this!

Lockheed

utnik

hi lockheed

i exported your file with scribus 1.5.8, 1.6.1 and 1.7.0.
only the .pdf file from scribus 1.5.8 shows this connecting line. the other two files are good.
maybe there was a bug in older scribus versions...

utnik

PatJr

tried it with 1.6.1
looked like it worked ok
pdf 1.3 and 1.6
and the svg export too
nice wavy line too

lockheed02

Quote from: utnik on March 10, 2024, 10:41:34 PMhi lockheed

i exported your file with scribus 1.5.8, 1.6.1 and 1.7.0.
only the .pdf file from scribus 1.5.8 shows this connecting line. the other two files are good.
maybe there was a bug in older scribus versions...

utnik

Cool! Then I'll see that I upgrade to a newer version! Thanks alot! :)