A simple Christmas message made with Scribus

Previous topic - Next topic

GarryP

Here's a simple Christmas message made only with the tools available in Scribus.

I hope you like it and I might post a tutorial on how I made it sometime next year if anyone is interested.

(Depending on your OS/Browser configuration you may need to click on the image to see it properly at full size.)

Happy holidays everyone!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kunda

NancyKP

I'm interested too.  I've worked through several of your tutorials, always learning something new and fun.

GarryP

Thanks for the interest and lovely compliments Kunda and NancyKP.

It's good to know that some people are reading what I put here, and getting something out of it too.

I added the tutorial to the forum a little while ago and you can find it here: http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,1218.0.html

It doesn't show exactly how to re-create the Christmas message but most of the steps are there. (Although "Alt B" on the tutorial is pretty close.) You just need to use different fill gradients and rotate/move the characters afterwards.

I hope you find it interesting and, possibly more importantly, useful.

Cheers, Garry.

John24Soul

Garry,
That is interesting, and I'll take a look at your tutorial in the near future. It sure beats having to do something in GIMP and then add it!
Thanks!

John  :)

GarryP

I'm glad you find it interesting John.

Most of my tutorials are about doing stuff in Scribus without having to go elsewhere. Scribus has a lot of features which I'm guessing aren't all that well known.

I hope you enjoy the tutorial and find some inspiration for your own work.

Cheers, Garry.

grols

Quote from: GarryP on December 23, 2013, 05:05:59 PM
I hope you like it and I might post a tutorial on how I made it sometime next year if anyone is interested.

It would be very interesting

GarryP

grols, as mentioned earlier in this thread you can find the tutorial here http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,1218.0.html which shows the steps needed to create something similar.

It's not exactly the same but the only changes are different gradient fills and moving/rotating the characters.

Enjoy experimenting.