problem understanding background images

Previous topic - Next topic

petera

Hi,
  I am new to Scribus and am still finding my way around all the options. I have created a threefold brochure , using a single a4 page in landscape mode. i can see the margin guides that describe the three pages. I want to put a backgound image that covers the whole a4 page.
I created an image frame, filtted to the bounds of the a4 page, and filled it with an image pattern from a jpg file that gives the correct appearance. However the image frame now covers my original page layout and i can nolonger can see the three seperate page guides. I dont seem to understand how to put the image box behind the page layout so that i can begin to add text to the three pages.
I hope this can be understood,i am obviously misunderstanding some basic concepts here, can someone enlighten me on my errors

many thanks

utnik

hi petera

under: 'file' → 'document setup' → 'guides' → 'placing in documents' you can define if the gudes should be behind or in front of the elements of your layout.

utnik

Nermander

I think you could also put the background image in a separate layer and turn off display of that layer while you are editing your document.

I often find guides in the foreground a bit disturbing, I think it would be nice to be able to give them some transparency (or make guides in the background "shine through" even non-transparent items).

petera

Many thanks for your swift replys. It works a treat.