[SOLVED] How to move text start point along a path?

Previous topic - Next topic

Orbspider

Hi, I have some text around a polygon, using 'attach text to path'. The polygon is basically a frame near margin of Page, on a book cover. At the moment the default start point of text is at top left of the said box. But I need it to move over to the top right corner.

Any tricks to accomplish this? I would expect there to bi an anchor handle that can bi dragged around the path/shape.

Ps, captcha was a horrible pain during sign up with blurry images!

Oh no! More blurry letters bellow that I can't read!

Orbspider

Ok, a quick work round, that achieves the result that I need in this case, I rotated the polygon 'box' by 270 deg, which made it long, and then resized it by clicking shape edit and shift-dragging corners to become tall to fill the page margin.

But this is not a work around for any unusual shapes that can't bi rotated,  obviously.

Ps, I am not enjoying the post verification with letters that ark hidden and obscured and then my post fails because I got it wrong!

Orbspider

Oops, meant ctrl-drag. Anyway I noticed that when editing the polygon shape after text to path, it is now a line with start end points. So the better question should be, how would one move the start point of a polygon shape?
As when you draw a polygon box the start is always top left it seems??

PatJr

sounds interesting
could you post up a sample sla file with some examples?

MrB

On the Text Properties window, go to the Path Text Properties, and change the "Start Offset" value to move the text along the frame.

Orbspider

@MrB, great idea! I just found that out today as well!