100% view not 100%?

Previous topic - Next topic

questionesse

Hey guys,

I have a reall beginner question I'm afraid.
If I set the view of my A4 document to 100% and compare it to a physical sheet of paper hold to the screen, it is still way smaller. The scribus rulers although have the correct aspect ratio, a centimeter is a centimeter.
What am I missing?

thx!

utnik

hi questionesse

if the rulers are displayed correct, the layout pages should be in the right size as well. i can't imagine scribus displaying a sheet in a size that doesn't correspond to the own rulers of scribus...
if the rulers are out of size as well, you may calibrate your display under: 'scribus' → 'preferences' → 'display' → 'adjust display size'.

if it really displays a wrong size with correct rulers, you should provide a screenshot and the corresponding .sla file.

utnik

questionesse

I checked the ruler, even with a physical one - they are correct.
Page size is set to A4, measurements fit as well.
View is 100%
See Screenshot and example document
Compared to a real A4 paper - the sheet is too small

[attachment deleted by admin]

GarryP

Just in case it's helpful for a diagnosis: I've checked your SLA with my Mac 21" screen and the page looks to be the correct (real-life) size. (The ruler on your screenshot displays a little bit smaller than real-life but that's probably not relevant.)

questionesse

hmm...on my 27" Dell the rulers are correct, just the sheet itself is smaller as a real one hold next to it - that is really weird!

utnik

i don't understand what you're talking about – if the rulers are correct, the sheet is in scale too! on your screenshot it is 210mm wide and 297mm high  against the scribus rulers – what else do you expect?
if the sheet is displayed smaller than a4, then the rulers aren't set correct!

utnik

questionesse

Oh it was the rulers - but to such a marginal extent that I didn't notice when just measuring 1 or 2cm.
Now the width is correct, the length ois still a bit off, but the adjustment setting is that impecise that I can't get it more exact.
Shouuld do the job though.
Thank you for your patient help!  ::)