More about Fonts

Previous topic - Next topic

styrmand

I am using Scribus 1.3.3.13, Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04

When i use Scribus the default font is Lohit Punjabi Regular. When i write text I either get nothing in the textbox or the text editor, or sometimes i get some red squares instead of text. When i press newline-key I can see I am writing, but the text does not show up - it's invisible? The problem exist for several other fonts.
I can find fonts that will work - Norasi Regular works fine as an example.
Lohit works fine in Libreoffice - the problem seems to exist only in Scribus? Its a pretty clean installation, so something is wrong by default?

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Admin

Quote from: styrmand on May 21, 2011, 10:59:52 AM
I am using Scribus 1.3.3.13, Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04

When i use Scribus the default font is Lohit Punjabi Regular. When i write text I either get nothing in the textbox or the text editor, or sometimes i get some red squares instead of text. When i press newline-key I can see I am writing, but the text does not show up - it's invisible? The problem exist for several other fonts.
I can find fonts that will work - Norasi Regular works fine as an example.
Lohit works fine in Libreoffice - the problem seems to exist only in Scribus? Its a pretty clean installation, so something is wrong by default?

Anyone know what the problem could be?

There is no complex script support in Scribus, yet. Please see the bugtracker bugs.scribus.net for more details.
Scribus Forum Admin. Please PM with questions if you are having administrative problems with the forum.

styrmand

Thank you

Quote from: scribus on May 23, 2011, 06:40:51 PM
There is no complex script support in Scribus, yet. Please see the bugtracker bugs.scribus.net for more details.

I am a bit surprised when you tell me this is a complex script issue? You are probably right, but I just thought it had something to do with the available fonts in my system?

Somehow there must be a connection between the things, when you say so. 

Nermander

It can be that the font does not contain all the glyphs.

Scribus does never use glyphs from another font, however other programs might take the glyphs from another font if they are not present in the used font.

a.l.e

probably, the font does not contain the glyphs you're typing...