Author Topic: Mac user new to Scribus has some kinks to work out  (Read 7180 times)

GarryP

• Scribus User
Re: Mac user new to Scribus has some kinks to work out
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 02:33:57 pm »
RGrahame, you can easily install 1.5svn by following the instructions at the bottom of this page: http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/OS_X_-_Installing_Scribus_on_your_Mac_the_easy_way (Installing Development Version). It's got loads of new features that look very interesting.

In more general terms, technically - unless someone has forgotten something - the PKG and DMG on the "normal" download page on the wiki should contain the same current stable version. (I prefer to use the DMG as it's just a drag and drop install rather than messing around with dialogs.)

P.S. I remember the Apple Lisa blew me away when I first saw an import working at an exhibition. Black and white, but fabulous.

RGrahame

• Scribus User
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 06:31:04 am »
Sometimes we have to leave the familiar behind. My 'old' software won't run on an Intel Mac and is a huge cost to upgrade. So, I can certainly live with different; it just takes some getting used to.
MacBook Pro
OS X 10 Yosemite

jpek-m

• Scribus User
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 07:55:19 pm »
I had big problems with my Mighty mouse, which uses its whole top area as scroll bar. When my finger touches the mouse, Scribus often thinks i am using the scroll bar, and the numbers run in the selector where my mouse happened to be in.

I found an easy solution, when I took my old mechanical wheel mouse from my drawer. It is not so beautiful, but i works!

PS. Thanks for many fine tips; I have worried quite a long time, why I can't adjust the space between text box and text. Now I can! (It is in Properties > Text > Columns and Text Distances)