Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Text and Typography / Re: Curvy Texts?
« Last post by GarryP on January 09, 2018, 10:47:35 am »
You're welcome.

Apologies for the delay in answering; for some reason your reply didn't show up in my list of updated posts.

I'm not sure what you mean about the lines around the text but - if they are what I think they are - you should find that they disappear when you go into Preview Mode or export the document (or you could use menu "View -> Show Frames" to switch them off). Those lines are just showing you where text could be and are not part of the document.

P.S. Don't forget about the "Path Text Properties" section that appears under the Text settings in the Properties Palette. They're easy to miss if you don't know what to look for.
Scripts and Plugins / Re: Export to PDF via scripter
« Last post by a.l.e on January 08, 2018, 10:35:30 am »
the question has been answered in the mailing list by juraj:

http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/2018-January/054841.html

Code: [Select]
import scribus
pdf = scribus.PDFfile()
pdf.pages = [21, 22, 23, 24]
pdf.file = 'fourpages.pdf'
pdf.save()

@sam / sergio / guests5114: you asked the question on irc, mailing list and in this forum (at least...).
if you get a reply, please consider following up on each channel, telling everybody that you got a reply elsewhere, and link / copy the solution.
(most of the time, it's useful to summarize the solutions you got, even if you're not 100% happy with what you got)
Layout Issues / Re: Alternating pages in one document
« Last post by Lekhak on January 07, 2018, 07:09:05 pm »
I would say you are doing things wrong from the start.

I would design the document with A5 pages.

Then I would export to PDF and use an impositioning tool to generate the sheets for printing.

In this simple case most likely the PDF viewer will have a booklet printing option, my second choice would be Quantum Elephant's Bookbinder java application.

For more complex cases I would use jPDF tweak.

Thanks Nermander. I found the booklet printing option in my PDF XChange Editor. I'll try this way.
Scripts and Plugins / Export to PDF via scripter
« Last post by Sam Nirvana on January 07, 2018, 06:00:20 pm »
Hello.

The help system of scribus 1.5.3 is not clear about exporting a document to PDF via python scripter.

Say I have a document opened in scribus named "simpledoc.sla" with 55 pages;
I want to export to PDF pages from 21 to 24 as "fourpages.pdf".

Can you put down a chunk of python code that does what I have just said?

Just one or two lines of python code, not more.

Thanks.
Layout Issues / Re: Alternating pages in one document
« Last post by Nermander on January 07, 2018, 11:31:57 am »
I would say you are doing things wrong from the start.

I would design the document with A5 pages.

Then I would export to PDF and use an impositioning tool to generate the sheets for printing.

In this simple case most likely the PDF viewer will have a booklet printing option, my second choice would be Quantum Elephant's Bookbinder java application.

For more complex cases I would use jPDF tweak.
Layout Issues / Alternating pages in one document
« Last post by Lekhak on January 06, 2018, 10:14:32 pm »
I want to print an article on my own printer on A4 paper to put in a A5 loose-leaf binder. Therefore I set up two A4 landscape pages. The first has page 1+3 (A5), and the second p 2+4, to print on the back of the first. Easy!
Now the left and right borders are assymetrical because the leaf-binder needs more room on the left side with the wholes.

In order to get the the text fluently in the text-frames I like to have my two A4 sample pages all in one document one under the other (NOT SIDE BY SIDE) with page numbers 1+3, 2+4, 5+7, 6+8. etc., all together maybe 15-20 (A5) pages.
As I said I have two perfect single pages for front and back but how do I get these continously alternating in one document?

MacOS / Re: all blurred on retina display
« Last post by triptychon on January 06, 2018, 09:14:44 pm »
This was version 1.4.something.
Version 1.5.3 comes with a clean view. "Solved"
« Last post by jghali on January 06, 2018, 06:28:04 pm »
Yes it is normal behavior. Preview quality setting affects only preview of images.
« Last post by triptychon on January 06, 2018, 03:44:14 pm »
It seems the preview quality settings don't affect the display. Screenshots with normal and high ("hoch") Q are (about) the same. Is it normal behavior?
« Last post by RodneyLee on January 06, 2018, 03:16:44 pm »
I display at 3440x1440, could it just be your setting
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
palmate