Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Beginner Talk / Re: Export to PDF, problems with images in PDF
« Last post by mnawij on January 05, 2019, 09:11:45 pm »
Hi HarrieJ,

File size does not always correlate to correct resolution.  The only way to be sure is to use a .pdf pre-flight software to verify the resolution of the original pdf files before their placement into Scribus.  The problem might not be with Scribus at all...  If you do not mind uploading the original pdf's, I can run them through acrobat professionals preflight as well as enfocus' pitstop editor if you do not have access to preflight software, it will not be until Tuesday when I return to work though.

Cheers!

mnawij
Beginner Talk / Export to PDF, problems with images in PDF
« Last post by HarrieJ on January 05, 2019, 08:54:08 pm »
I'm new to Scribus and I have created a magazine. But when I want to save a PDF (export --> save as PDF)
I have problems with two PDF-images that I used in the magazine, full page in two frames.
The moment I make my choise I receive an answer that the document cannot be saved for the images are
too small (less than 144 DPI, rsolution is only 109 x 109 DPI.
The two PDF on my PC are in fact about 3 MB so where it goes wrong?
Thanks.

HarrieJ
Raster and Vector Graphics / Re: Image Boxes Failing After Applying Document Settings
« Last post by AdmFubar on January 05, 2019, 05:40:35 am »
Sounds like the Image Preview has been switched off. Right click an image and in the popup menu look for the Preview Settings entry, in the sub menu that pops up, make sure the the the Image Visible  entry is selected.
Let us know if this cures the problem.
Raster and Vector Graphics / Image Boxes Failing After Applying Document Settings
« Last post by Erfunden on January 04, 2019, 10:48:31 pm »
First post here so forgive me if I'm putting this in the wrong place. I searched for an answer (as I always do) before creating this post.

The nice old lady who uses Scribus to produce our neighborhood newsletter called me for help this morning and I went over to walk her through a few things. One of these was that she wanted to disable the autosave.

That was easy enough but, after applying that change, all of the image boxes lost their images and, instead, displayed the file name, size, and some other info. I investigated further and found that if I changed anything in the Document Settings window, the images would all disappear upon clicking Apply. Indeed, opening the window and clicking Apply without changing anything had the same result.

I tried updating and changing the image in the boxes but that didn't help a new image appear.

When I exported the document as a PDF, the imaged show up in the PDF. So it's still usable, I guess, but it would be a pain.

Does anyone know what was happening or how to fix it?

Thank you!
Beginner Talk / Re: Tables - How do you use them
« Last post by acestu on January 04, 2019, 07:51:02 pm »
Hi a.l.e.,

I have the greatest respect for the guys that are developing scribus, any totally FREE software is always a good thing, to be honest I am still using it as there is as you say workarounds, it just takes longer, but if you are making templates to make things faster in the long run then lets get on with it, any added features in the future will be a Bonus.

cheers
Stuart
« Last post by a.l.e on January 04, 2019, 09:58:40 am »
you're right stuart, scribus is not ready for many types of layouts.

of course, you can achieve (almost?) every result with scribus, but some of them are still too cumbersome with scribus.

on the other side, for many other types of layouts scribus does work well (enough).

before jumping on the boat, check if scribus can (easily) accomplish what is important to you, and make sure that there are workarounds for every need you have.
if it's not the case, go and look for a different solution. we won't be jealous!

if tables are so important to you, scribus is not a tool that will make you happy.
(for all the others: of course there are workaround for putting tabular data in a scribus layout... the forums are full with examples, how you can achieve it...)
« Last post by acestu on January 04, 2019, 12:47:13 am »
Hi guys,

I don't want to sound ungrateful but Scribus seems to be great for hobbyists but it seems that it isn't quite there yet for the bigger jobs.

Thanks for trying
Stuart
« Last post by dragonfly on January 03, 2019, 11:27:53 pm »
Here is an experiment to play with ..

In Scribus insert a renderframe.

Go here ..  https://www.tablesgenerator.com/ to generate a sample TeX table.

Paste code into Scribus renderframe.

Preview table.
« Last post by utnik on January 03, 2019, 10:47:34 pm »
hi stuart

you don't tell if you're working with 1.5.x or 1.4.x.
  • with 1.5 a double click should work. (at least it does hereā€¦) and you have an option to 'snap to items'.
  • with 1.4 you need the 'alt' key (as i wrote before).
  • in both versions you have snapping options to a grid or to guides.
utnik
« Last post by acestu on January 03, 2019, 10:07:17 pm »
Hi Utnik,

Double clicking does nothing, I have decided to try a different way now by just creating several text boxes but I can't find a way of aligning them all Horizontally as they are all slightly different levels because there is no snap.

thanks
Stuart
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]