Scribusoid

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Layout Issues / Re: png/tif images printing with two shades of black
« Last post by a.l.e on October 08, 2018, 09:53:06 am »
are you using the same black for both?

have you tried, using an RGB black for both the PNG and in scribus?
or the same CMYK black in the tiff and in scribus?

if you provide a .sla file, it's easier for us to figure out, how you can improve your result...

ciao
a.l.e
Layout Issues / png/tif images printing with two shades of black
« Last post by Dewedi on October 08, 2018, 09:46:34 am »
Hey!

I'm currently working on a Halloween poster and when I decided to test print it, the background black and the black around images are two different shades on the print. However on screen it looks fine. I am using .png images turned into .tif if that helps. Using Scribus pfg makes the areas white and not invisible.

https://files.fm/u/8nzkxya6 , https://imgur.com/3HOGQGm , https://imgur.com/pOk0Y1t
On the attached pdfs test is done with Scribus print to pdf, microsoftpdf is done with Microsoft Print to PDF.

Just ask me if you need more info! Thanks in advance! :)
Beginner Talk / Re: PostScript Interpreter Resolution
« Last post by a.l.e on October 08, 2018, 09:06:27 am »
it might affect the pdfs (and eps) you load into a scribus image frame and that you export without the experimental pdf embedding feature.

it won't affect other aspects of the pdf creations, since scribus does not use gs for it.

are you loading pdfs as images?

ciao
a.l.e
PDF Generation / First page rotated using 1.4.7
« Last post by juangrandal on October 07, 2018, 05:59:26 pm »
File created in Scribus 1.4.6 for MAC. I upgraded to 1.4.7
When I exported it to Pdf using version 1.4.6 there was no problem.
Now, when I use 1.4.7 the first page is rotated.
Could anybody help me? Thanks

Beginner Talk / PostScript Interpreter Resolution
« Last post by pes on October 07, 2018, 05:42:38 pm »
Hi

In Preferences => External Tools - I have the following in PostScript Interpreter:

Name of executable C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.23\bin\gswin64c.exe
Antialias Text and Antialias Graphics (both marked)
And the resoution says: 72 dpi.

It is the DPI I'm confused about. The default 72 dpi - is that the recommended resolution? How does this setting affect .pdfs I export for sending to a printing company?
Features / Re: PDF with Diecut_Layer which Illustrator can read and operate
« Last post by a.l.e on October 06, 2018, 10:28:22 am »
I just had a look:

If you pick PDF X-4, in the PDF export dialog you can check the "include layers" option.

If you do so, the layers information should be included in the PDF.

Be warned that Adobe puts extra information the PDFs created by their tools and that information can be read by other Adobe tools.
Scribus does not add that information and the print shop mighe be missing some information.

Also, PDFs (created by Scribus) are meant to be printed (and / or processed by pre-press tools) and not to be opened by a vector drawing tools like Illustrator.

Please report if you did check that option and / or if checking the option made the print shop happy...

Ciao
a.l.e
Features / Re: PDF with Diecut_Layer which Illustrator can read and operate
« Last post by utnik on October 06, 2018, 09:04:42 am »
hi mrtao900

i'm not an expert here, as i've hever used separate layers in my .pdf files. but i just tried to export a .pdf file with two layers – and failed. the output was a single layer .pdf.
either i do something wrong or the option to 'include layers' is broken in some way.
you might file a bug report

utnik
Text and Typography / Re: Text Printing Incorectly
« Last post by utnik on October 06, 2018, 08:18:31 am »
hi whyz

your posts are always a bit confusing, as i never know exactly what you're doing.
to track down the problem, i need more infos:
- what you mean by

…it printed out fine when I printed it as it's own Scribus document.

- are you printing direct from scribus?
- is the first screenshot from the .sla file and the second from the .pdf?
- are the fonts embedded in the .pdf file?

utnik
Text and Typography / Re: Text Printing Incorectly
« Last post by WHYz on October 06, 2018, 12:16:00 am »
The image above is what the cover should look like. As you see, it printed out fine when I printed it as it's own Scribus document. But once added back to the bulletin, it looked blockish and U couldn't read the text at all. So after figuring it was the font, so I picked another one (and made no size adjustments. And THIS was the result (see image below). Can U help?
Text and Typography / Text Printing Incorectly
« Last post by WHYz on October 05, 2018, 11:55:01 pm »
Today I began printing our church bulletins. For some reason, the font used on the cover is not producing correctly. (I've got examples, but I can't remember how to post them on here.) I thought the problem was all the adjustments I made to the font was the problem, so I brought everything back to normal size and spacing, so I brought everything back to the original settings, and printed again. the font issues were the same. So I decided to just use a different font. But again, it had the same issues. Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10