Scribusoid

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Beginner Talk / Re: Unable to access additional drives/folders other than "C:\"
« Last post by utnik on January 09, 2019, 09:10:15 pm »
hi n2te

is there a reason, why you don't use scribus under macOS?
btw. i don't know, why parallels/win/scribus doesn't recognize your second disc…

utnik
Beginner Talk / Unable to access additional drives/folders other than "C:\"
« Last post by N2TE on January 09, 2019, 05:56:05 pm »
I am a new Scribus user. After installing the product today I discovered that when trying to SAVE a file I can not access my second HDD. I'm running Win7-64 on my MAC using Parallels and have had no issues with accessing or sharing any folders across Win7/OSx.  (Parallels has worked wonderfully with ever imaginable program I have installed, back an forth between each OS.) I'm not sure if I did something wrong during installation.

I did do an internet search (prior to this posting) and didn't find any workable solution. One post from a number of years ago mentioned typing in the full path of the file to be saved on the shared drive but that didn't work. i.e. => X:\HD2\Eds_stuff .... etc etc etc...\My_First_Scribus_File ...  The only drives that are available (and visible) to me from Scribus when invoking "SAVE AS" is "A:\" or "C:\".  I have loads of material on my large supplemental (mapped to "X:\") HDD that I want to have access to but can't get to from Scribus.  If I can ONLY work on the C:\ drive this would be most cumbersome.  What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks. Ed.
Scribus forums / Re: Announce: A new Scribus community website
« Last post by radu81 on January 09, 2019, 05:48:28 pm »
thanks radu!

a/ eh eh... i've discovered grav multiple times, but never used it... in the last couple of month i've now done two projects with it and i have to say that it's a pleasant cms to use!

b/ for the forums, i guess you suggested the use of discourse. sadly, there is not much i can do there: the state of this forums does not justify starting a separate community, the split of forums has more consequences than just setting up a new website, and hosting a discourse instance is not trivial. and i don't see the team wanting to setup a new engine (even if -- behind the scene -- they started a rework of the wiki... so there is hope.)

c/ there is something you can do: i'm looking for samples of works done recently with scribus : - )

and since i wrote about it in a different thread but not here, where it all started, here it is, the (shy) announce:

i've now implemented martin's proposal on http://impagina.org and, even if it's in beta state, i looks good to me!

contributions are very welcome both for the content and for the grav site. there is a list of task in the README's "contribution" section: https://github.com/impagina/htdocs-grav-pages

I guess this is the correct topic to answer, sorry for the off-topic

It also looks good to me, I only found some problems on mobile here http://impagina.org/learn and  http://impagina.org/contribute
I don't post a screenshot, it's easy to reproduce by resizing the browser window.

I agree, it hasn't much sense to start a new forum, but migrate this one (ofcourse if the admin agrees and decide to do it)... We talked about this here but here we are again off-topic

I mainly use Scribus for some amatorial work, I did a calendar and business cards with it, nothing special. At work I have to use other commercial software.
PDF Generation / lien cliquable après enregistrement au format pdf
« Last post by paesch on January 09, 2019, 05:03:32 pm »
Bonjour,
j'ai lu dans un autre post:
"Si vous souhaitez créer une URL cliquable dans Scribus, vous devez placer une forme de lien au-dessus de la partie sur laquelle vous souhaitez cliquer."
Qu'est-ce-que cela veut dire exactement et comment procéder. Est-ce-que cela résoudrait mon problème, à savoir conserver un lien cliquable après enregistrement en pdf ,
Merci
Scribus forums / Re: Scribus Webpage
« Last post by a.l.e on January 09, 2019, 09:23:22 am »
thanks radu!

a/ eh eh... i've discovered grav multiple times, but never used it... in the last couple of month i've now done two projects with it and i have to say that it's a pleasant cms to use!

b/ for the forums, i guess you suggested the use of discourse. sadly, there is not much i can do there: the state of this forums does not justify starting a separate community, the split of forums has more consequences than just setting up a new website, and hosting a discourse instance is not trivial. and i don't see the team wanting to setup a new engine (even if -- behind the scene -- they started a rework of the wiki... so there is hope.)

c/ there is something you can do: i'm looking for samples of works done recently with scribus : - )

and since i wrote about it in a different thread but not here, where it all started, here it is, the (shy) announce:

i've now implemented martin's proposal on http://impagina.org and, even if it's in beta state, i looks good to me!

contributions are very welcome both for the content and for the grav site. there is a list of task in the README's "contribution" section: https://github.com/impagina/htdocs-grav-pages
Scribus forums / Re: Scribus Webpage
« Last post by radu81 on January 08, 2019, 11:07:07 pm »
There are months since I don't login here, but today I saw ale's posts on GRAV forums. I like what you did on impagina.org and I'm glad you chose Grav cms. (don't know if my advise here was useful or you already knew GRAV, but doesn't matter).  Who knows, maybe some day, the other suggestion I made about scribus forums will be taken into consideration... ;)

I can't help with the project since I'm not a coder.

- at some time it will be so much better than the scribus one, that google shows it at a relevant place or
- the team sees that a better page can exist and takes it as the official page.
I hope both, but mostly the second one
Text and Typography / Re: changement police
« Last post by paesch on January 07, 2019, 07:54:15 pm »
Un grand merci, je regarde ça de ce pas (les feuilles de style) car j'ai un journal d'une vingtaine de pages avec beaucoup de texte.  8)
« Last post by a.l.e on January 07, 2019, 07:26:34 pm »
oui, ça peut se faire.

par défaut, l'édition et le formatage du texte se font dans le cadre.

l'éditeur est là pour des cas particuliers, pour lesquels l'édition dans le cadre ne fonctionne pas (ou n'est pas pratique).

comme tu n'as pas l'air d'être à l'aise avec les rudiments de scribus, je te conseille tout d'abord de suivre le tutoriel et, si ensuite tu remarque que t'as vraiment besoin de l'éditeur tu devrais pouvoir facilement trouver comment résoudre ton problème aussi dans l'éditeur...
personnellement, je n'utilise jamais l'éditeur pour du formatage, mai j'ai essayé: et ça marche de façon intuitive... et ça applique les polices au texte...

concernant les styles: tu n'est pas obligé à les utiliser, mais -- si t'as beaucoup de texte -- ça vaut vraiment la peine de les apprendre...
leur création et gestion est expliquée ici: https://fr.flossmanuals.net/scribus/feuilles-de-style/
tu peux les chercher avec la fonction de recherche.

« Last post by paesch on January 07, 2019, 06:38:07 pm »
je te remercie, cela va m'aider, mais... j'aurai souhaiter savoir si avec la fonction "modifier le texte", ça ne pouvait pas se faire directement dans l'éditeur ? Peut-être faut-il passer par "style"? mais je n'ai pas bien compris comment ça fonctionne et comment appliquer un style, où le chercher ou bien comment le créer, ou s'enregistre-t-il ? ... etc...
Beginner Talk / Re: Export to PDF, problems with images in PDF
« Last post by HarrieJ on January 07, 2019, 06:18:28 pm »
Hello Nermander and Mnawij,

When I  click ignore, the  savings starts but comes with "not possible to save while picture .....pdf could not be loaded".

I suppose both pictures are made using InDesign or Photoshop. I asked one of the advertisers to sent the same picture in .JPG. He did...problem solved. Now I try the other too. Hopefully he has his advertisement also in JPG.

Stange: I have also placed a picture in PDF, also made Indesign but it only is 4 x 5 inch, so quarter of a page. It gives the same warning (resolution smaller than 144 dpi, current resolution 116 x 116 dpi) when I export to PDF but when I "ignore" the pdf is made even so and the picture is on the page.

I'm going to look for my "ignore" button and place the pictures in JPG for the magazine has to go to our members in two weeks. Go for the answers later when I have some more time.

Thanks.

HarrieJ

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
palmate