Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Beginner Talk / Re: Dupe styled objects = dupe styles!
« Last post by GarryP on February 23, 2018, 10:23:42 am »
I've seen this loads of times but I have no idea why it happens. If you keep on top of it and delete/replace as you have done then it's not a major issue, just a weird thing that Scribus does.

There are various Mantis tickets about duplicate styles which say that the problems is fixed but the problem is still there so it looks like we just have to put up with it.

P.S. They're called "Styles", not "Style Sheets". A "Style Sheet" would be a different thing.
General Discussion / Hello Scribus Users! :D
« Last post by Mr. Nacho on February 23, 2018, 01:04:33 am »
I just registered an account here, so I thought I'd say hello.

Hello :D
Beginner Talk / Re: Dupe styled objects = dupe styles!
« Last post by inkuser on February 23, 2018, 12:00:28 am »
in working with the document I'm developing in Scribus, I've noticed that I will suddenly have multiple copies of the same style sheet, eg: 

Body
Body (1)
Body (2)
Body (3)

I can get rid of (1) through (4) by selecting them all, clicking "Delete" and (usually) I get to choose which style to replace the deleted instance with.

Might this be an experimental feature? I am using 1.4.6...
Raster and Vector Graphics / Re: Multiple image replacements
« Last post by broadlighter on February 22, 2018, 05:11:24 pm »
Thank you. That makes sense. I'll try it.
Scribus forums / Re: Italian Scribus community?
« Last post by GarryP on February 22, 2018, 02:56:26 pm »
Personally I don't like the idea of having sections of the forum that are just for people who speak specific languages (except for the pages about language support). That kind of thing tends to create little "walled gardens" that don't contribute to, or benefit, the rest of the forum.

I have no problem with forums that are predominately for a specific language - E.g. https://www.scribus-user.de/ - but I think all of this forum should be for everyone no matter what language they type in.

I can only read English so I generally ignore most non-English posts. This is because I don't trust machine translators to be able to give me the information properly translated given the technical nature of what goes on here. In other words, if I can't trust the translation then it's difficult to know if I'm answering the right question so I just don't try.

If people want to post in a non-English language then I have no problem with that either, it's just a bit of conversation that passes me by and I don't worry about it.

Maybe one of the administrators of scribus-user.de can help with setting up an Italian site. (A lot of the set-up can probably be copied across wholesale with only a few small tweaks here and there.)

P.S. scriber, I agree with a.l.e. Your English is good - actually better than some English-born people I've known over the years!
Text and Typography / Re: FIXED: Re: Newbie: How to vertically align text in text box
« Last post by utnik on February 22, 2018, 01:52:50 pm »
hi deon

…there is an option for vertical alignment.

thanks – i wasn't aware of that.

utnik
Scribus forums / Re: Italian Scribus community?
« Last post by a.l.e on February 22, 2018, 12:07:03 pm »
hi moresun

italian seems indeed one of the few "big" european languages that do not have a dedicated scribus forum.

there are a few "italian" places where you can ask question about scribus... but they are not really of high quality...

one platform that seems to be good is the scribs board in the italian inkscape forum: http://www.inkscapeforum.it/index.php?board=35.0

but i agree, it would be nice to have a friendly place that it easily to find for italian speaking people...

i'm not sure if adding languages to this forum is a good idea though...
what do other people think?
well done!

interesting idea...
Text and Typography / FIXED: Re: Newbie: How to vertically align text in text box
« Last post by deonholt on February 22, 2018, 11:04:29 am »
Hi all and thank you for your help.

I have just stumbled on a setting in 1.5.3 in F3 settings.
Under "Columns & Text Distances" there is an option for vertical alignment. And guess what: Options are; Top, Middle & Bottom. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have attached a screenshot of the setting.

Thank you again very much for your patience and help. Thumbs up! to all of you.
Raster and Vector Graphics / Re: Multiple image replacements
« Last post by GarryP on February 22, 2018, 10:59:30 am »
Because Scribus maintains links to image files, whenever an underlying image file changes, those changes should automatically be reflected in the document.

However, if you give the updated image file a different name, Scribus cannot track that so you will have to manually change all of the places the file is referenced (unless you use some kind of script).

As far as I know there's no way - within Scribus itself - to search/replace on images. There's a search function in the Manage Images dialog but that's just for locating images that might have moved. It might be usable for what you want but it's still a manual process.

My recommendation would be to keep the same filename/location for the images while keeping a saved copy of previous versions with different names. That way, Scribus always points to the latest copy while you can keep older versions to go back to if necessary.

For example, if you have a file "butterfly.jpg" then copy it to your Scribus document folder (or wherever you want) and give it the name "butterfly-live.jpg". If you need to change the image, save/copy it under the name "butterfly-old1.jpg" and change the "butterfly-live.jpg" as necessary. On the next change, save the file as "butterfly-old2.jpg" etc. etc. Doing this gives you an 'audit trail' of old versions of the image while Scribus always uses the latest version.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10