Recent posts

Installation and Setup / Re: Scribus 1.6.1 Dark Mode in...
Last post by AdmFubar - April 04, 2024, 05:19:59 PM
make sure scribus isnt running, navigate to the config file, and rename it.
Start scribus and see if this clears up the issue.
Linux / Pense-bête de quatre pages.
Last post by Matou953 - April 04, 2024, 03:50:35 PM
Bonjour.
Je souhaite créer un pense-bête de 4 pages ; au format d'une carte bancaire, 85x55 une fois plié ; dont voici les pages intérieures :

Mais quand j'importe le fichier ods les voyelles accentuées sont remplacées par des suites de caractères cabalistiques et je ne sais pas comment modifier les zones de texte.
Dans l'attente de vos conseils.
Matou.
Last post by kn0 - April 04, 2024, 01:44:04 PM
I also tried now with Scribus 1.6.2.svn and I get the same behavior.
Last post by kn0 - April 04, 2024, 01:25:22 PM
Yes, I restarted Scribus every time when making changes in the Windows 11 theme settings and the Scribus internal preferences. I always restarted into a light theme.
Text and Typography / Re: Space between paragraphs
Last post by vittap - April 03, 2024, 10:05:10 PM
I asked a similar question in my "Paragraph spacing" post which you can see below. Let's hope the developers want to find a solution.
Text and Typography / Re: Page Numbers Don't Appear ...
Last post by Six - April 03, 2024, 06:39:56 PM
SOLVED!!! a.l.e you're a legend. I hoped you'd see this post.

I actually toggled that setting multiple times, but every time I did, it would cause every page in my project except for the one I was currently on to disappear — which prompted me to panic and discard the changes. This time it worked perfectly.

Thank you so much! I spent 4 or more hours trying to troubleshoot this.
Last post by a.l.e - April 03, 2024, 02:16:18 PM
no idea what that option does, but:

you need to go to the file > document settings > sections and check the box under shown...

(how did i find that? in your document the page number does not show here either. but in a new document they are there. and then i looked around for differences between the two documents...)
Last post by Six - April 03, 2024, 05:57:41 AM
Hi AdmFubar,

I downloaded 1.6.1 and tried your suggestions. Still unable to produce page numbers. Replacing the red "#" with a regular "#" simply reads as a hashtag outside of the master page, not an automated page number. I've tried the same process on regular pages with a text box.

Regardless, thanks for your time.
Last post by AdmFubar - April 03, 2024, 04:41:35 AM
Loaded your test document and poked around. Checked on the master pages, and found the page numbering text. Selected the text frame and opened it up in the story editor. The # was in red, that usually means some non printing control character. So I erased it and replaced it with another #, works just fine.

Select your master page and the page number text, open in the story editor and see what it looks like.
Now you are using a much older version of scribus, this might be why the there is an issue. Update to 1.6.1 as soon as you can.
Last post by Six - April 03, 2024, 02:37:59 AM
Great idea. Here's a stripped, 5-page segment of my project. Thank you in advance!