Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
User Interface / Re: Scribus UI/UX and Styles
« Last post by a.l.e on November 20, 2018, 05:37:58 pm »
@rparmar, can i ask you what's your goal for this thread?

the topic is interesting, now i wonder what would be the next steps...
Beginner Talk / Re: Convert everything to 100% black in exported PDF?
« Last post by utnik on November 20, 2018, 01:38:00 pm »
hi onefish

…What if I want to use Scribus to create a document for printing that contains colour and 100%k blacks?

try 'image effects' → 'grayscale' for the black and white pictures.

utnik
« Last post by onefish on November 20, 2018, 05:38:13 am »
hmm... I think I have overcome the immediate problem by selecting "Grayscale" under the pdf export "Color" tab. This seams to have exported true black. However, this has also raised another question in my mind. What if I want to use Scribus to create a document for printing that contains colour and 100%k blacks? I can't use grayscale, and the "Printer" option turns the black to something other than 100%k even though that is not the colour I have used for objects in the Scribus file.

Should Scribus just not be used for professional print artwork? Or am I missing something?
« Last post by onefish on November 20, 2018, 02:46:37 am »
Thanks Dragonfly,

I think the problem might be somewhere in Scribus pdf export settings. Everything in the Scribus files in C=0, Y=0, M=0, K=100. But when I export to PDF and select a black line (in Foxit PhantomPDF) it's showing:

Hue: 14
Sat: 19
Lum: 20
Red: 22
Green: 20
Blue: 19

MacOS / Re: Hide Scroll Bars
« Last post by Milliways on November 20, 2018, 02:09:44 am »
hi

can you explain what is your issue with the horizontal scroll bar?

if there is a bug affecting the magic mouse, it might be worth to report it to https://bugs.scribus.net

The Magic Mouse acts like a normal optical mouse when moved, the surface acts like a trackpad - moving a finger up/down scrolls vertically, from side to side horizontally.

The issue I have is that attempting to scroll vertically (by a short distance) results in wild side-to-side movement. This is probably due to my slight deviation from straight up/down movement.

I don't want any horizontal scrolling, let alone the excessive response. In most applications I disable horizontal scroll - the monitor is so wide it serves no useful purpose, and I normally work on portrait mode. I need to expand text slightly (due to poor eyesight) and am quite happy to scroll vertically when needed.

The issue may be a mouse issue with Scribus, as I find the same thing happens in the file open menu etc.

for the help text: which help? the one showing up with F1?
i just tried and i could zoom it with scroll-mouse-wheel (as you can commonly zoom in most application... on mac it could be cmd-mouse-wheel...  with a magic mouse you might be able to pinch or move three fingers... it's a kind of magic... but it must be possible).

Yes - from Help Menu or F1

The normal Apple Zoom is ⌘+/⌘- - which does not work in Scribus. There are no options for gestures, but I just tried ⌘ plus scroll which does, although ideally I would like to set a larger default font (which I do in most applications)
« Last post by dragonfly on November 19, 2018, 10:49:35 pm »
I cannot answer your question since I have no experience as yet with PDF colour profiles.

However since you appear to have an urgent question (as yet unanswered), from what I read you can use external tool ImageMagick to convert CYMK to RGB.

http://www.ocsmag.com/2015/07/04/script-fu-converting-pdfs-to-pretty-previews-with-imagemagick/

Perhaps there is an easier Scribus approach but ImageMagick is what I would try in the interim until you get an answer.

Scripts and Plugins / Re: get the layer an object is on
« Last post by a.l.e on November 19, 2018, 10:26:11 pm »
no, i could not find in the API a function to get that information.

there have been a few new commands that have been contributed by users in the last few weeks... and if you have brave enough, you could also get inspiration from one of those commits and propose a patch.

i can help you with finding how to get information from the scribus code...

it's probably better to create a new command, rather than extend the properties of the item... but i should first check how exactly you get the information.
Scripts and Plugins / Re: get the layer an object is on
« Last post by utnik on November 19, 2018, 07:58:38 pm »
hi jvr

…I thought selecting anabject might be a way to get the "active layer", but selecting the object does not activate the layer.

it depends…
selecting an object in the 'outline' window activates the layer.

utnik
User Interface / Re: Scribus UI/UX and Styles
« Last post by a.l.e on November 19, 2018, 03:49:04 pm »
yes, i agree with you that creating and updating styles from the text palette (TP) should be possible (and the preferred way to do it!)

in the past i've made similar proposals:

- remove the "no style" thing: every bit of text *must* have a style
  https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15471
- separate the style manager (which shows the list of styles and allows to create / delete / import styles) from the dialog that defines the styles.
- add buttons in the PP for creating (new or from selection) and edit (optionally updating from selection) styles.

i wonder if you would welcome such changes.
they would not be that hard to program...

you're proposal seems to be even more radical...
but i'm not sure i understood it correctly.

can you give more details on the part where you say that the styles would be almost mandatory?
Have you checked the color tab?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
palmate