Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Beginner Talk / Re: Somehow I seems to have locked everything.
« Last post by a.l.e on September 10, 2018, 09:16:15 am »
p.s.: personally, i have been fighting for making by default the document editable in preview mode... it used to be that way and it has been changed for reasons that are not related to page layouting...

https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=12464

and, the fact that preview mode gets lost on a restart of scribus (not an update) is a request i've made... for cases like yours : - )

https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15308

ciao
a.l.e
« Last post by a.l.e on September 10, 2018, 09:10:50 am »
Layout Issues / Re: How do you select an item on a lower level?
« Last post by a.l.e on September 10, 2018, 09:09:58 am »
... it's ctrl-click... not alt-click : - )
General Discussion / Re: When I try to preview a document, it comes out blank.
« Last post by a.l.e on September 10, 2018, 08:44:21 am »
i fear that you're using the "file > print preview" command, which is probably not what you are looking for.

the print preview that most people are using is to be found in "view > preview mode" and through the the "eye" button at the right side of the status bar...

the "file > print preview" should be renamed, but nobody could find a better name until now...
General Discussion / When I try to preview a document, it comes out blank.
« Last post by Sparxz on September 10, 2018, 03:53:10 am »

I am using Scribus 1.4.7, & Ghostscript ver 9.22, on Kubuntu/Ubuntu  18.04.1 LTS ; Release: 18.04; Codename: bionic

When I try to preview a document, it comes out blank.
I have tried toggle of things like transparency etc.

I thought by upgrading from Scribus 1.4.6, would cure this, but did not.

Is there any way to fix this ?

Thanks.
Layout Issues / How do you select an item on a lower level?
« Last post by Vlatovlaska on September 10, 2018, 01:13:15 am »
When I have multiple text and/or image boxes on a page that overlap, I know that I can use Alt-click to select the next lower layer. However, I cannot find a way to select lower levels than that. For instance, if I have three nested boxes, with the smallest on the bottom level, how do I select the box on the bottom level?

And, just to be clear, I'm not asking about layers, I'm asking about levels.

Thanks for any help.
« Last post by dragonfly on September 10, 2018, 12:05:56 am »
Well spotted.  I'm just a user and I don't know where to post bugs.
Hopefully a senior member will pick this up.
« Last post by mihxil on September 09, 2018, 11:30:27 pm »
I just installed the nightly build of today. In that, it seems to work again, so it seems that some bug related to this was fixed lately?

Ok, I finally figured it out. It was 'preview mode' which I had accidentally toggled.  The behaviour I saw is consistent with that, upgrading to nightly build just also caused to forget this mode.

I'd like to report it as a bug then that this preview mode seems to me a bit inconsistent. Should I be able to insert object in this mode or not?
« Last post by mihxil on September 09, 2018, 11:19:55 pm »
I just installed the nightly build of today. In that, it seems to work again, so it seems that some bug related to this was fixed lately?
« Last post by mihxil on September 09, 2018, 11:03:55 pm »
My hunch .. could be either file permissions problem or the *.sla files have become corrupted.
I would try ..
(a) inspecting properties of *.sla file (user permissions?)
(b) opening the *.sla file in an XML editor and validating it.
I have used XMLCopyEditor to inspect *.sla files.

Last resort .. reinstall Scribus if you have just started today.

Basically retrace steps.
I already tried simply copying the file, to no avail. I can make some changes to the file, like adding a new layer (which gets broken then too). Also I ran xmllint which didn't report any xml problems with the file.

I'll try reinstalling but I would be surprised if that would make a difference, since new files seem to work, and in any case I may hope that no changes are made to the application itself  when I'm only using it.

I'm still not ruling out that I simply don't understand something. In other words what does it _mean_ if all tools are grayed out? What should one normally do in such a situation?  Is it a credible situtation that I can via the Menu  create (e.g.) a line -> Insert -> Line, but not via the tool-bar, nor can I then edit any properties of it?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]