Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
PDF Generation / Images move when exporting to pdf
« Last post by jrossjord on March 17, 2019, 04:00:26 pm »
I'm a bit lost. When I export to PDF the document looks exactly the same until I upload that pdf to KDP for a book cover. The image and text on one layer moves and isn't where it is in the Adobe opened file, or the original Scribus file.
Any ideas?
Layout Issues / Re: Resizing document and all objects
« Last post by Cris70 on March 17, 2019, 01:09:29 am »
Thank you a.l.e. for all your help.
In the end, I had to redo the work from scratch for a few reasons, but I will save your suggestions for the future!

Cris
General Discussion / Re: Import logo or embed
« Last post by mnawij on March 17, 2019, 12:24:00 am »
Hi jim78b,

Let me clear up somethings, pdf files can be either raster or vector.  If you import the file into Scribus as vector, then the artwork is now part of the Scribus file.  If you place the pdf file into an image frame, I believe it is considered a raster image, but I could be wrong on that and then it will be considered a linked file.  A linked file stays connected to the original image/file when modified those changes will be reflected.  An embedded image no longer has a direct connection to the original file, at least as far as I know so no updates would occur, you would have to replace each embedded image.

If you import the logo as vector, you can modify it within Scribus and then copy and paste it as you need it.  If you would like to update the artwork across multiple instances then linking would be the best option to do so.

Cheers!
mnawij
General Discussion / Import logo or embed
« Last post by jim78b on March 16, 2019, 10:59:25 pm »
I don't  know if is better import the logo of my company as pdf or as a vectorial image .the problem is when in the future i want edit the logo, the vectorial image don't reflect the modify in the other logo that i put in the other pages .
Layout Issues / Re: scribus 1.4.7 Object is a placed PDF
« Last post by Nermander on March 16, 2019, 05:01:22 pm »
This is mainly a warning and as far as I remember it relates to two issues:

1. Normally Scribus will rasterize a placed PDF during PDF export (there is however a function labeled as "experimental" that will include the PDF "as is" at export).

2. For a placed PDF Scribus will not apply color management.
Layout Issues / scribus 1.4.7 Object is a placed PDF
« Last post by jim78b on March 16, 2019, 04:34:31 pm »
what does it means this advice? Object is a placed PDF , i inserted a pdf logo 72x72 dpi
Windows / 32-bit or 64-bit
« Last post by rowan.bradley on March 16, 2019, 04:03:16 pm »
I am just getting started with Scribus. I attempted to download the 64-bit version for Windows, and to install it on my Windows 8.1 PC. It chose to install it in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Scribus 1.4.7. This implies to me that it has installed the 32-bit version.

• Is there any reason not to install the 64-bit version on a 64-bit Windows PC?
  • Assuming not, how do I do this?
Thanks - Rowan
Beginner Talk / Re: Resizing Images inside Image Frame by Mouse ?
« Last post by Nermander on March 16, 2019, 09:10:03 am »
I think that in the properties for the frame you can select the reference point. But maybe that is just for the frame, not the image inside the frame?
Layout Issues / Re: Resizing document and all objects
« Last post by a.l.e on March 16, 2019, 12:19:03 am »
if you can manage using ghostscript directly, you can also try to resize the pdf.

this stackoverflow reply

https://stackoverflow.com/a/7507511/5239250

gives a possible command:

gs \
 -o output.pdf \
 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite \
 -sPAPERSIZE=a4 \
 -dFIXEDMEDIA \
 -dPDFFitPage \
 -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 \
  input.pdf
PDF Generation / Re: New scribus and PDF size
« Last post by jrossjord on March 15, 2019, 05:21:12 pm »
It's ok, I kept googling and finally found the answer. Need to remove all bleeds and then check 'use document bleeds' when exporting. Worked a treat!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
palmate