Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Features / Expanding shape horizontally or vertically?
« Last post by quiet on March 18, 2019, 05:08:58 pm »
Hi, when i try to wrap text around a box, i think the buttons to expand or reduce the box automatically by X% or Ymm is really useful. However, i would like to use this feature to only expand the box horizontally.

I would consider it useful to have equivalent buttons to expand/reduce the box in one or two directions on an axis (expand the box downwards, upwards, or both ; same on the horizontal axis).

Is there something in v1.5 to do this already? Thanks for working on scribus it's a really useful tool :D
Text and Typography / Re: Changing size of curved text
« Last post by Nell63 on March 18, 2019, 12:15:08 pm »
I found a workaround by increasing the font size and decreasing text width proportional to what I had in my original version. Seems to have done the trick.

Select the WordArt text or letters to change. The Drawing Tools Format tab appears.
To create a curved effect, on the Drawing Tools Format tab, click Text Effects >Transform and pick the one you want.
Click outside of your text box to see the effect.
Features / Re: Suggestion: Angled guides
« Last post by dragonfly on March 18, 2019, 12:05:31 pm »
I'm not using Scribus at the moment so this idea is unproven.
But could you write a python script to place in Scripter to use ImageMagick for selected object rotation?

Here is an example ..

https://codeyarns.com/2016/07/05/how-to-rotate-image-using-imagemagick/
Beginner Talk / Re: beginner needing help :)
« Last post by a.l.e on March 18, 2019, 09:37:43 am »
scribus does not include the images in the .sla file but links them.

if you're doing the layout on two different computers, you have to take care that both have the same path to the images (and that both have the images in the "same directory").

if you want to move a project from one computer to another, you need to use "file > collect for output" and send the resulting directory to the other user.
Features / Suggestion: Angled guides
« Last post by thorben on March 18, 2019, 06:39:56 am »
Dear all,

I am a passionate scribus user, so before I start: thank you for the great work!

Over the years I have developed my own process of quickly creating templates for my photo books, mostly based on squares. For some pages I want to use a more dynamic layout and chose to use diamonds.

It is possible to create diamond shaped image frames already, but the alignment is... a pain.

In inkscape it is possible to rotate guides. You can double click on a guide and rotate it. That is a feature I would greatly appreciate to have in Scribus as well. Not only for the diamond shape layout, but sometimes I 'tilt' whole layouts to have them 'flow' from the lower left to the upper right (or vice versa). I usually do that by arranging all the frames, and then rotate the whole thing, but changes are not easily done after it is tilted.

I can upload some examples if anyone is interested.

Thank you!

PDF Generation / Re: Images move when exporting to pdf
« Last post by mnawij on March 18, 2019, 12:36:08 am »
Hi jrossjord,

Could you upload the scribus file and the pdf files?  I have created hundreds of pdf files from scribus and never had this issue.  I would hazard a guess that the KDP upload conversion is the problem.  Also which version of scribus and operating system are you using?

Regards,

mnawij
Beginner Talk / Re: beginner needing help :)
« Last post by mnawij on March 18, 2019, 12:32:08 am »
Hello HorizonWriter,

To assist you better would you please give the version of Scribus you are using and the operating system you are using?  Thanks!

Cheers!

mnawij
Beginner Talk / beginner needing help :)
« Last post by HorizonWriter on March 17, 2019, 11:16:13 pm »
Hello Scribus World!!!
  so learning this program which quite simple actually, Im helping to write a cook book with someone. We are 40 some pages in and now when i save it then reload it to work on it again just few of the pictures disappear like i have in the screen shot. and if i take the time to put them back save then reload they are still missing. Im not sure whats happening here. why are the frames red? Ive noticed that as a difference too maybe? i did in stall the ghostscript thing also.
PDF Generation / Re: Images move when exporting to pdf
« Last post by a.l.e on March 17, 2019, 08:01:59 pm »
mmm... normally, images don't move when they are in a pdf...
PDF Generation / Images move when exporting to pdf
« Last post by jrossjord on March 17, 2019, 04:00:26 pm »
I'm a bit lost. When I export to PDF the document looks exactly the same until I upload that pdf to KDP for a book cover. The image and text on one layer moves and isn't where it is in the Adobe opened file, or the original Scribus file.
Any ideas?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
palmate