Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
PDF Generation / First page is no longer on right after export to "Save as PDF"
« Last post by doowopshebop on December 13, 2018, 10:03:27 pm »
I created double-sided .sla.

The first page appears on the right in the .sla.

All middle pages (before the last page) are two-sided in the .sla.

The last page is on the left in the .sla.

This is what I want.

But I export to Save as PDF...

...and in the PDF all of the pages are side by side.

So printers I've been to recently can't print the booklet as a proper folded booklet.

I am able to generate a PDF in which all the pages are single consecutive pages. A tiny printer in Grass Valley California once took a PDF like this and used InDesign to get the first-page-on-right and last-page-on-left setup. But I'm not in Grass Valley and can't get there. And I don't know what he did. I do have InDesign and Adobe CS6. I don't have Acrobat. Just Acrobat Reader.

This is for a wedding and I have to catch a flight tonight. If I can just get the PDF ready, I can print when I get there.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!!!
Raster and Vector Graphics / Re: Image links
« Last post by diaphania on December 13, 2018, 03:45:17 pm »
Thanks!

It looks like this is a quick way to install it via a .pkg file

https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/
Raster and Vector Graphics / Re: Image links
« Last post by a.l.e on December 13, 2018, 03:37:17 pm »
yes
Raster and Vector Graphics / Image links
« Last post by diaphania on December 13, 2018, 03:28:11 pm »
I'm new to Scribus which is incredibly impressive, but familiar with other DTP packages like InDesign.

I've installed 1.5.4 on Mac running OSX 10.11

I can place JPEGs just fine but PDFs and EPS files always seem to come up with a missing or corrupt link error, as the attached screen grab.

They don't preview and don't appear when I output to PDF.
Do I need to install a rendering engine such as Ghostscript?

Thanks
Text and Typography / Re: What do green squares with s inside mean for a font?
« Last post by Franz Gratzer on December 13, 2018, 08:58:14 am »
In my case (on Debian) all fonts installed reside in "/usr/share/fonts/truetype" and "/usr/share/fonts/opentype" etc. Originally I had created my own subfolder with my user name under "/usr/share/fonts" containing all the fonts I installed by hand. But considering the description in the first post here I moved all font files to the fitting original sub folders. That didn't help until I included all subfolders ("/usr/share/fonts/truetype","/usr/share/fonts/opentype","/usr/share/fonts/type1") as additional search paths. (So I guess my folder with the user name would have been fine also if had I only tried to include it as search path before moving all my custom fonts to the default sub folders.)

What puzzles me the most is why Scribus did find most of the other fonts even if the missing search paths obviously where a problem. All the fonts resided always in their usual folders and only some where installed by me in my user name sub folder. And many of those fonts in my customised folder where found without problems.

I am especially puzzled by this because it happened with basic fonts like "DejaVu", "FreeSans" and "FreeSerif" also. And those fonts came pre-installed with Debain, if I remember correctly. So I don't think I made any error with including them the wrong way.

At least now I understand why Scribus kept asking me for substitution fonts each time I opened the file even if I selected to remember those substitutions permanently. (I guessed the original documents might have been created with older versions of the same fonts maybe using different naming conventions. But I was obviously wrong.)
Beginner Talk / Re: Inherit properties from parent style
« Last post by Franz Gratzer on December 11, 2018, 08:27:47 pm »
but it's very unlikely that i will start working on it, if i am all alone...

I would be willing to contribute but I don't know much about the whole development process for Scribus and I am not even sure if I could help at all in a meaningful way. Not only for my lack of knowledge but because of limited time resources also. But if I could fit something useful into my day I would be glad to contribute. I would be able to create mock-ups for example but from what I've read they might not be very helpful since there seems to be no need for any new elements at all.
« Last post by Nermander on December 11, 2018, 05:55:35 pm »
Those were ideas with minimal changes to the UI:)

For a better user experience I think som changes to the UI would be needed.
« Last post by a.l.e on December 11, 2018, 04:57:06 pm »
looks like a plan : - )

i like your proposal, nermander... the question is:

- do people like it? or do you have even better ideas?
- how can we get it to be implemented?

personally, i would love to recreate the whole style management and

- make it non-modal (one should be able to edit the document while the style edit dialog is open)
- allow for creation and update of styles of from the properties palette
- allow for creation and update of styles of from a selection

but it's very unlikely that i will start working on it, if i am all alone...
Text and Typography / Style not applied correctly
« Last post by sxwid on December 11, 2018, 11:07:10 am »
I am working in Scribus 1.4.7 under Ubuntu Linux. I defined several styles. But when I have a Textbox and apply them, sometimes they are not correctly applied, even tough they are set to the corresponding section (see attached Screenshot). Most of the time its messing up with the font size (in the Screenshot its changing from 10pt to 11pt). Sometimes everything is completely off. Any clue what I am missing? Can I "update all styles" somewhere?
Thanks, sxwid
« Last post by Nermander on December 10, 2018, 10:02:08 pm »
For fillable fields maybe just deleting the contents would revert it to default?

For dropdown-lists there could be a blank entry that will revert to default? Or an entry that explicitly states "Inherit from parent"?

Radiobuttons and checkboxes would be a bit harder, but for checkboxes there is at least the common convention of Checked, Unchecked, Grayed out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10