Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Features / [Feature] Support of animated png (*.apng)
« Last post by Templina on July 19, 2018, 05:05:23 am »
Regarding pdf-export (logically for the web/ monitor view in the first place), it would be nice if Scribus supports the animated png (*.apng) file format.

My main reason to put it in discussion here and not simply in the bugtracker is that this might need clarification by someone more proficient with the pdf standard: Is it actually possible to include animated png?

This request has been discussed a few times on StackOverflow etc., often with a link to a proprietary layout software or with the argument of not being doable. Opensource reader applications do not support this format yet, but they might. For example, Evince has such extended multimedia support on it's roadmap yet first would need a pdf with an apng successfully embedded. Okular already has video support afaik.

To give possible usecases, it could be used in even more sophisticated presentations using pdf, e.g. explosion diagrams in industrial engineeering.
Personally, I'd like to use it in creating Chooseable-Path-adventure books with animated images (CYOA with apng-images).

Thank you for reading and your interest.
Text and Typography / Re: spacing beetwen lines
« Last post by a.l.e on July 18, 2018, 03:42:46 pm »
I think you should try to reformulate your question...

Adding a screenshot of what you want to achieve might help...
Text and Typography / spacing beetwen lines
« Last post by mj on July 17, 2018, 11:39:35 am »
Please, do you know if it is possible to separate onli one line? Like un intro but smaller

Thanks!!
did you move images to a different folder?
@ale
Thanks for your helpful ideas.
After considering options I conclude that what I am searching for is a "storyboard" function (like a slides presentation) where I can drag around various frames (in HTML dom) in storyboard before converting layout to *.sla and submitting code to Scribus for final tweaking.

In other words a document pre-processor.
This preprocessor will allow dynamic content (along lines of ScriptusGenerator).
I will document how I get on with building this pre-processing stage into my workflow.
There is no urgency.

:o

I created some posters in scribus and saved.converted to PDF no issues.

Next day I'm trying to open them to continue. ALL images have disappeared - there were heaps of shapes and images.  I have a title and that's it. Everything else is gone.. so much work.

Help please! Why is it doing this??

Raster and Vector Graphics / PDF doesn't open properly
« Last post by benhotep on July 16, 2018, 02:12:17 am »
Hi there!

Apologies if this is a stupid/noob question, and/or if it's in the wrong section of the forum...  I'm trying to open a PDF to use as a template for laying out a document to be printed, and when I open the PDF many of the elements on it seem to be missing.  Most of them, in fact. This is the PDF: https://www.breedmedia.co.uk/site/assets/files/1108/cd_onbody.pdf.  When it opens it only shows about four shapes - most of the shapes, and all of the lines/text are not visible.

Is it just not part of Scribus's functionality for this to open properly?  I've opened similar PDFs before that have worked well... is it just something incompatible about this one?  Can I make it work or do I just have to work around it?

Thanks,
Ben
Installation and Setup / 1.4.7 blurry compared to 1.4.6
« Last post by benhotep on July 16, 2018, 01:59:52 am »
Hi!

I just installed 1.4.7, and everything looks a bit blurrier than on 1.4.6.  The text of both the program itself and the text in documents is much less sharp, and even images seem a bit less sharp too.  The toolbars are slightly larger, and the document looks bigger when zoomed at 100%.  So it sort of seems like everything is zoomed in a bit compared to 1.4.6, but less sharp. 

Anyone have the same experience?  Is it something I can fix/change?

Ben
PDF Generation / Re: Scribus 1.5.4 crashes when exported to PDF. What to do?
« Last post by dragonfly on July 15, 2018, 10:15:35 pm »
I suggest making a copy for testing and then split into two *.sla files each 20 pages long.

Test to see which of these two "half documents" crash.

Then repeat the process until you find which page(s) cause the crash.

That is what I would do as a process of elimination. 
You have not tried validating the 40 page document in XML Copy Editor?
You have not tried exporting PDF to a different location?
Operating system is Ubuntu 16.04
Total 40 pages
All pages are having multiple images and text frames
While checking now, it was found that the document could be exported to image format, but crashed again when converted to PDF format
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
palmate