Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Beginner Talk / Re: Imported image grainy in Scribus and on export to pdf
« Last post by a.l.e on March 20, 2019, 05:13:49 pm »
can you please upload the tiff file?
« Last post by Mindbender on March 20, 2019, 04:25:06 pm »
Sorry I should have been more clear. The image I am trying to import into the image frame is an cmyk tiff file.
« Last post by a.l.e on March 20, 2019, 04:13:06 pm »
as far as i know lading svgs in images frame is not supported. but, i've tried it right now and it indeed does something.

i fear that it's just loading a preview contained in the svg itself...

i also have no idea what your cmyk.exe does... and i've never heard of somebody converting the svg before importing it into scribus.

have you tried to import it as vector (file > import > get vector file) and then correctly setup scribus for the cmyk pdf output?

ciao
a.l.e
Text and Typography / Re: How can I undo a font substitution
« Last post by a.l.e on March 20, 2019, 04:05:12 pm »
file > preferences > fonts > font substitutions...

... and delete the substitution...

ciao
a.l.e
« Last post by Mindbender on March 20, 2019, 02:01:02 pm »
Thank you for the reply. Things have taken a turn for the worse  :). I add an image frame, get image, select image, click ok, Scribus crashes everytime

Any ideas?
« Last post by RodneyLee on March 20, 2019, 01:46:46 pm »
notice how zoomed in you are, select "fit image to frame", you may also have display "Image Preview Quality" set low to save memory
Features / Re: Suggestion: Angled guides
« Last post by a.l.e on March 20, 2019, 12:43:08 pm »
hi thorben

on the one side, yes, having angled guides can be handy in some situations... but...

... doing layout is not the same as vector graphics and, in my experience, are far less needed in scribus than in inkscape.

personally, i would have needed them a couple of time in soo many years.

since it's a "exhotic" feature, you cannot really expect one of the core developers to work on that.

but it's probably not very hard to implement...

if somebody wants to work on it, he/she could first get into tweaking the guides by implementing the "guides snap to items" which is a bit simpler to program but very similar to the angled guides.
Text and Typography / How can I undo a font substitution
« Last post by mschreader on March 20, 2019, 08:27:43 am »
Hello! New Scribus user here. I was trying to open a document that had a font I didn't have (a rarity!) and the font substitution window opened. I decided to download and install the font instead of doing a substitution, so I clicked "Cancel" and got the font. When I reopened Scribus to open the file, however, the font substitution was in place. I cannot figure out a way to reverse this. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
Beginner Talk / Imported image grainy in Scribus and on export to pdf
« Last post by Mindbender on March 19, 2019, 05:54:19 pm »
Hi There,

I am new to Scribus. I imported an svg into scribus so I could convert it to cmyk. I used cyan.exe to convert my image from rgb to cmyk as well.

When I add an image box and get the image it appears fine in the preview but once it is placed into the image box it is all distorted and it is the same when exported to pdf.

What am I doing wrong.

I have attached a screen shot of what it looks like in the preview and in the image box for refernece

Thanks for the help
General Discussion / Re: Import logo or embed
« Last post by amair on March 19, 2019, 01:34:59 pm »
Hi,

you might want to have a look at the menu items "Item / Send to / Patterns" or "Item / Convert to / Symbol". It will be visible in the window opened using "Windows / Symbols". Use drag'n'drop to place those patterns/symbols in your document. If you edit the symbol then it will change everywhere in the document.
I've used that in my latest work, using Scribus v1.5.x.

Regards,
Andreas
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10