Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Dragonfly: Now I am really off topic but please indulge me: This is a question about copying, pasting, and auto-indentation in Atom.

While editing a lilypond file in Atom, it is very convenient (per the recommendations from lily users) to write one measure at a time and run lily-compile to check the output before going further (as it is really easy to screw up and then have difficulty finding the error). To make this easy, I copy and paste the code from an entire previous measure, 3 or 4 lines usually, and then edit that, rather than re-typing.

Atom has some kind of auto-indent feature which confuses me. SOMETIMES when I copy and paste such a code block, it indents it the same as the block above. OTHER times, it re-indents the whole block and thus the pasted blocks wander farther and farther toward the right side of the window unless I then delete all of the extra tabs and spaces at the beginning of the lines.

What don't I understand about this feature?
Thanks...

Re: using scripts in Atom: running Lilypond from a command line script:
this is a good idea and thank you, I will try it when I am ready for it...!

right now the stage that I am at w/ Lilypond, is that I type a few measures,stumble onto a new tool or technique that I will need to be able to use, (today, placing a "suggested accidental" above the staff and then pushing it around so that it looks better), and then spend an hour or two looking through the docs for the necessary code snippet and trying to understand it, and then type a few more measures.... I am devoting one day a week, more or less, using whatever musical excuse comes up for trying some new Lilypond techniques. I think it is going very well.

jack
General Discussion / Re: Windows 10 and link to forums
« Last post by mploug on Today at 08:47:51 pm »
Maybe it is because I visit the Web pages
from a mobile device (Android smartphone)?
« Last post by mploug on Today at 08:35:30 pm »
When I click on the link the page says Forbidden.

What about the ticket?
« Last post by dragonfly on Today at 06:55:12 pm »
There is still no link to the forums from https://www.scribus.net/

Look here ...
https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus
and click on Forums.
« Last post by mploug on Today at 06:44:40 pm »
Hi,

In the ticket https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15445 the
status still says 'new'.

There is still no link to the forums from https://www.scribus.net/ .

Just saying. :-)

Kid regards,
Martin
Beginner Talk / Re: Linking text frames redux
« Last post by patjk on Today at 05:49:12 pm »
Thanks, A.L.E., for these step-by-step precisions. I'm waiting on the next chapter in my wife's book to be ready for the Scribus treatment, but until then I'll dick around with some dummy documents to get the hang of the thing. It's a nuisance I'm having this problem because otherwise I really like the application.
PDF Generation / Re: First page rotated using 1.4.7
« Last post by a.l.e on Today at 12:26:08 pm »
can please upload the file?
General Discussion / Re: Frequency of svn builds
« Last post by a.l.e on Today at 12:21:01 pm »
hi funell...

if you kindly ask in your ticket for a windows build, i guess that you will get one.

they are manually uploaded to sourceforge by jean...

for your (and everybody's) information: the are automatic builds for ubuntu and for appimage... os x should be half automatic .

ciao
a.l.e
« Last post by a.l.e on Today at 10:18:40 am »
i would start with a document with only one single page and put frames in there.

activate the chaining display (as you same to be doing in your screenshot) and put same fake text in the first frame.

when an unchained (or last in chain) frame is selected, activate the "chain tool" and *then* click on the next frame to be in the chain.

if a frame has an arrow that goes out of it, it cannot be chained to another frame. of course.

the "normal" unchaining is something i never use. if i want to unchain something, it's mostly the last frame in the chain and i just delete the frame itself (as i said, i don't use the automatic text frames creation, so it's unlikely that i want to break a chain in the middle... except for imported texts that have to be split in multiple chains: since i'm using 1.5, there's a very handy "unchain with cut" in there : - )

but i've tested it for you in scribus 1.4:

- if you have three frames on a page and want to break the chain between the first and the second
- select any text frame to activate the unchain tool
- activate the unchain tool
- click on the second frame in the chain to release it from the chain to the first one (so: click on the first item that will be in the second part of the chain)
- yeah!

good luck with it!

ciao
a.l.e
« Last post by patjk on Today at 07:15:00 am »
Well, this is a nice problem. I created a new document and was careful not to automatically create any frames. After getting the prelims of the book squared away with no problems, I entered the hell of the body text. I created a text box on page 9 and pasted the text of the Introduction. No sweat, and the little cross in the bottom right-hand corner appeared as expected, indicated there was more text available. I then created a new text frame on page 10 to continue the text flow. But when I clicked on the link button, I got an error message that said "You are trying to link a frame to itself." Another attempt resulted in the page 9 text dropping to page 10 and the text that should be in page 10 going up to page 9. I'm reading online that this particular function is notoriously troublesome. Help still needed!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10