Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Code / Re: Compiling scribus with qt creator
« Last post by a.l.e on Today at 09:32:54 am »
@gibbz, did you get it to work?
« Last post by a.l.e on January 21, 2019, 09:31:08 am »
the qmake file has been used many years ago to bootstrap the qt creator project... i think...

nowadays, you should use the cmake workflow.
(no idea why the qmake file is in the repository, really...)

instructions for compiling scribus with qt creator are here (for linux and probably for mac os):

https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-manual-development/blob/master/content/qt-creator/qt-creator.md

as soon as i have the windows instructions ready, i will publish the three "development" document in a better form...
« Last post by Gibbz on January 21, 2019, 04:01:00 am »
Argh, still broken, stuck with some colorwheel thing... Not sure whats going on then....
« Last post by Gibbz on January 21, 2019, 03:48:03 am »
Removed from the scribus.pro file got me past the error, the files no longer exist:

scribus/ui/test_xyz.h \

scribus/ui/test_xyz.ui \
         scribus/ui/test_xyzbase.ui \

scribus/ui/test_xyz.cpp \

scribus/ui/xyz.ui \
         scribus/ui/xyz2.ui \
         scribus/ui/xyz3.ui \
         scribus/ui/xyz4.ui \
         scribus/ui/xyz5.ui \
         scribus/ui/xyz_dw.ui \
         scribus/ui/xyz_vert.ui \
« Last post by Gibbz on January 21, 2019, 03:35:40 am »
Trying to get this running under the updated QT Creator....

Ive had to add the following to the scribus.pro file:
CONFIG += qt
QT += widgets

And i'm getting the error:
:-1: error: No rule to make target 'scribus/ui/test_xyz.ui', needed by 'ui_test_xyz.h'.  Stop.

Any idea how to fix this error?
Beginner Talk / Re: Multi page document
« Last post by Scriborn on January 21, 2019, 12:35:03 am »
What Scribus does though is accept a long text running along a number of pages. I tried to guess how many,
and added a few to be on the safe side.
At the end of the editing you can delete the extra pages. The tricky thing remains deciding where to change page
in the course of editing : you have to complete the editing one page after another if you alter the bumber of lines.
I managed to load Quark files, but if text was OK, the niceties like a decorated first letter '"lettrine"?) did not show uip.
This said, basic shortcuts save the day in most tight spots, namely "copy/paste" procedure.
I think you can have a number of set phrases in the first page, only meant to be copied, pasted, and altered when in place, at will,
only to be removed before printing or saving -or not.
 Pictures pose no specific problem, I personally stick to 300dpi resolution for the whole document and it seems fine.
I am also busy storing lots of video and photo stuff from archives,  for which I experiment with html documents,
trying to keep the two Scribus and html versions on par, with the limitation that video become a photo in Scribus, of course.
(my html editor is Microsoft Expression Web 4, whose support has sadly ended)
Layout Issues / Re: Battling with tables
« Last post by a.l.e on January 20, 2019, 11:49:43 pm »
instructions for compiling are here:

https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-manual-development/blob/master/content/getting-started/getting-started.md

instruction  for compiling on windows with visual studio will follow very soon.
« Last post by a.l.e on January 20, 2019, 11:48:20 pm »
hi bittner

the source code is hosted on the scribus own svn server:

svn co svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus scribus

which makes collaboration slightly more attractive than the sourceforge tarball.

for your comfort, i'm maintaining a github unofficial mirror:

https://github.com/scribusproject/scribus

a gitlab mirror is being setup...
« Last post by bittner on January 20, 2019, 11:39:33 pm »
I want to second that: Tables are important for appropriate presentation, semantic representation, of certain data. Everything that has matrix structure (e.g. dates vs. participant groups or locations) is naturally represented using a table.

Managing this data outside of Scribus is cumbersome. Importing it as a PDF or, worse, image is compromising the document quality. It should be normal to suggest using Scribus tables as the preferred way, for both ease of use and the print quality of the end result.

Scribus tables have a few bugs and usability issues that need to be addressed, though (e.g. changing paragraph formatting and table borders across several cells). Fixing this should be a high priority. The fact that the source code is hosted on Sourceforge doesn't make collaboration for this easy though, unfortunately.
Raster and Vector Graphics / Re: Scribus and use of GIMP from within Scribus
« Last post by utnik on January 19, 2019, 09:08:20 am »
hi peter

if scribus doesn't find your 'gimp' application, it might be in an unusual location or the name could be something like 'gimp-2.10'.
update the entry in the preferences to the full path of the application.

utnik
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
palmate