Scribusoid

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Text and Typography / Re: pagination
« Last post by GarryP on January 17, 2018, 11:24:31 am »
Are you absolutely sure you've used "Insert -> Character -> Page Number"?
The page number sometimes shows as an actual number when editing master pages - I don't know why - but it should always show as a red # in the Story Editor.
Beginner Talk / Re: Pixels and Scribus
« Last post by GarryP on January 17, 2018, 11:11:32 am »
That's a shame; I've always found the raster export of Scribus to work pretty well. One or two features are "missing" but it usually does the job.
Can you explain - preferably with images - what you've been having trouble with? There might be simple fixes or workarounds.
Beginner Talk / Re: Hyphenation in 1.4.6 after using Edit Text tool
« Last post by Nermander on January 16, 2018, 09:09:38 pm »
There are two variants of the justified alignment.

The one you seem to be using is called Forced Justified, it seems you want the plain Justified.

Beginner Talk / Matching colors used in other apps?
« Last post by inkuser on January 16, 2018, 08:06:44 pm »
I am recreating a graphic element - a shape - that I created in Inkscape,  and doing it in Scribus using Scribus' tools.

I copied the color recipes (RGB) exactly but they look darker than in Inkscape. I double-checked that everything is RGB.

Is there something else I can do to get Scribus colors to match the same ones in the inkscape file? Same computer/same monitor.

Thank you!
General Discussion / Hire a designer that is experienced in Scribus
« Last post by elmago on January 16, 2018, 08:05:21 pm »
I don't know if this is allowed on the forums.  But I am looking into hiring someone with Scribus skills to do some restaurant menu design for me.
Beginner Talk / Re: Drag & drop not working in Arrange Pages
« Last post by PemburySinger on January 16, 2018, 07:30:05 pm »
i just checked 'arrange pages' with scribus 1.4.6 on a windows 7 machine. as long as i don't try to move the last page, everything (adding new pages, moving existing pages) works as expected.

either your system is partly broken or you do something strangeā€¦

No, nothing strange. It simply doesn't work by using drag 'n' drop. I've got around it by other means, and it isn't the end of the world, so no matter.
Beginner Talk / Re: Pixels and Scribus
« Last post by inkuser on January 16, 2018, 07:22:39 pm »
I'm finding that even when scribus is set to the right page dimensions - ie, pts corresponding to the number of pixels, and when exporting at 72 dpi, I still get artifacts...some of them, nasty...
Text and Typography / Re: pagination
« Last post by Guillaume on January 16, 2018, 07:21:04 pm »
Forgot to say that

Forgot to say that the same thing happens in Story Editor.

Text and Typography / pagination
« Last post by Guillaume on January 16, 2018, 07:11:45 pm »
In Edit Masterpage my masterpage shows number 1 instead of symbol # repeatedly.  What could be  missing or wrong?  Same thing whether there are normal pages or not.
Beginner Talk / Re: Hyphenation in 1.4.6 after using Edit Text tool
« Last post by PemburySinger on January 16, 2018, 06:42:51 pm »
I've found a solution in Extras.

However, the left/right justification gives me a different problem at the end of paragraphs. The left/right justification can mean that, for example, if there are just two words on the last line of a paragraph, there is one word on the left, and one word on the right, which looks silly. What can be done about this?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
palmate