Scribusoid

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Text and Typography / Re: another Interesting Issue
« Last post by RodneyLee on January 19, 2018, 05:47:10 pm »
I just tried it in styles manager, it crashes when ever I hit edit on defaults
« Last post by RodneyLee on January 19, 2018, 05:44:21 pm »
how do you change it in the paragraph, ad default is times I expected it all across the document
« Last post by utnik on January 19, 2018, 05:39:57 pm »
hi rodneylee

here is the test file, third line tabs just a bit off from first line

this difference is needed to fill the different spaces from text to tab with dots! (otherwise there would be a space before the dots on the third line.)

my default font is Times, if you go to end of last line default switches to ariel

the font of your last paragraph is 'times new roman', but the default font of the frame (as well as the font of your default paragraph style) is 'arial'…

utnik
« Last post by RodneyLee on January 19, 2018, 04:10:31 pm »
that was my thought also, some kind of held over formatting (I started in 1.5.2), I just hate to start from scratch :),  thanks Garry
« Last post by GarryP on January 19, 2018, 03:24:23 pm »
Sorry, I can't read the SLA as it was created with 1.5.3 and I only use the stable version.
(The release notes for 1.5.2 say "The text layout engine has been rewritten from scratch" so this might be contributing to the issue but I don't know.)
Maybe someone who uses 1.5.3 can help.
Text and Typography / Re: Saves as PDF, Fonts to embed
« Last post by GarryP on January 19, 2018, 03:18:04 pm »
Welcome to the forum MistrYpsilon.

You can either use the "Embed All" button or you can select a font on the left and use the right-arrow to tell Scribus you want to embed it.

Note that some fonts are not embeddable but the reasons for this can get quite technical ( http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,2523.0.html ).

If Scribus won't put the font in the embed list then you generally just have to accept it.
Text and Typography / Re: What languages work as of today (2018)?
« Last post by GarryP on January 19, 2018, 02:21:31 pm »
Well, I certainly wouldn't have guessed I should be looking for "complex script functionality" to tell me if Scribus worked with a certain language.
At least this thread now has a link which might make it easier to find.
« Last post by RodneyLee on January 19, 2018, 02:17:09 pm »
here is the test file, third line tabs just a bit off from first line

my default font is Times, if you go to end of last line default switches to ariel
« Last post by RodneyLee on January 19, 2018, 02:00:41 pm »
Thanks, I pull some text out a put in new document and see what happens re-formating, it should be all the same
Text and Typography / Saves as PDF, Fonts to embed
« Last post by MistrYpsilon on January 19, 2018, 01:25:00 pm »
Hi all ,

I am using Scribus 1.4.6. I finish my document and I would like to export to PDF ,with some non standard fonts in Windows, I found options "fonts to embed" but I am not able to get here, why ? Any Idea ?

Thank you very much !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
palmate