Scribusoid

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
I never remember the modifiers by heart, but holding Alt, Shift, Ctrl etc works as modifiers for this as far as I remember. Or maybe those modifiers are only for the scroll wheel... I tried to search for the documentation but do not know what search term to use.

Opening Scribus I conclude that when using the scroll wheel:

Ctrl changes in steps by 10
Shift changes in steps på 0.1

But I noticed that for me, clicking the arrows in the box make changes in 0.1 steps and not full 1 steps? Does this mean it's configurable and I have forgotten where I changed it? Or does it depend on the units in use? (I'm using mm.)

After scaling the X/Y position of the target becomes off centered.  Using the up or down clicks changes by a hold number which is far too much, rather than a fraction.  The same goes when using the up/down arrow to change the X/Y position.

Is there an easy method to make the changes increment in decimals rather than whole numbers when clicking the up/down button or the up/down arrow keys?

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
www.apollo3.com/~ljames
Text and Typography / Re: Editing text
« Last post by WHYz on July 23, 2018, 12:01:27 am »
I found the answer myself, and since I can't delete this post (for some reason), I'll tell what I did: After highlighting the text I wanted to change, I clicked on the select tool (to the left of the text button), and THAT action let the /TEXT in [properties] become usable again!
Text and Typography / Re: spacing beetwen lines
« Last post by WHYz on July 22, 2018, 11:40:19 pm »
If U're asking what I think U are, the answer is "Yes, it can be done." Here's how: Highlight the 2 lines of text between the text you want changed. Right click your mouse, and at the bottom of the list is "properties." Click on it. Find "text," and click on it. U'll see the format of the highlighted text. Under the area that has the font name is how to have your leading (called "line spacing" in Scribus) adjusted (fixed, automatic, or align with baseline). Also, to the right of that is the area where U can select how wide or thin that spacing is.
Text and Typography / Editing text
« Last post by WHYz on July 22, 2018, 10:42:31 pm »
Hi, In the past, I have frequently edited text in Scribus, highlighting the text I'm wanting to edit, and making the necessary changes, using [properties].

I successfully edited text today in this doc, but now [properties] appears stuck on /COLORS, even when I highlight the text I want to alter.although I successfully highlight the text, the /TEXT part in [properties] stays greyed out.

Is there a way to correct this problem? Or am I stuck trying to recreate my document?
MacOS / Re: Multiple documents visible?
« Last post by dragonfly on July 22, 2018, 12:50:41 pm »
From your post I have just learned about the Windows > Tile feature.
In my Ubuntu 16.04 this dual window tiling seems to work for me.

[Added note]
Do you get the same effect using Windows > Cascade?
Of course you need to resize each Scribus window in Cascade window.

MacOS / Multiple documents visible?
« Last post by scmooney on July 21, 2018, 07:17:09 pm »
I am running Scribus 1.4.7 on Mac OSX 10.13. I would like to open two Scribus documents side-by-side. After opening one, I can resize the window, but when I open the other it just opens on top of the first one and I don't know how to separate them. If I maximize the window, and then select Windows > Tile, it shows the documents side-by-side the way I want to see them. But then if I click into one, it expands into the full window and other one disappears. I would like to see them both at all times so I can refer to one while working on the other. Is there a way to do that?
Beginner Talk / Re: Justified text and tab issues
« Last post by a.l.e on July 21, 2018, 03:12:58 pm »
... i would use a paragraph indent for the first line...

you can define it for the paragraph style you're applying to the text...
Beginner Talk / Re: Justified text and tab issues
« Last post by dragonfly on July 21, 2018, 11:36:18 am »
Looking into my Scribus 1.5.5 svn which I'm experimenting with ...

Go to File > Preferences > Item Tools > Tab Width

My setting is 12.700 mm
Beginner Talk / Justified text and tab issues
« Last post by jeremy.s.marino on July 21, 2018, 03:31:22 am »
Hello all,

Hope all is well. I'm currently formatting an ebook (PDF first) via Scribus and everything's been well until I've run into an issue.

The alignment of the text is "Align Text Justified". Each paragraph is indented -- I wanted about 8 blank character spaces at the beginning of each paragraph. With justified alignment, though, eight space-bar spaces leads to alignment issues in that the first sentences of each paragraph don't line up. If I press the tab key, though, to insert a horizontal tab, this issue disappears, but that makes too wide of an indent. Is there a way to change the length of the horizontal tab made by pressing the tab key?

I'm using Scribus on Ubuntu 4.15.0.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
palmate