Scribusoid

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Free discussion / Re: Raodmap updates?
« Last post by a.l.e on February 06, 2019, 09:02:14 am »
from what i've heard there are plans to release a 1.5.5 before the end of the month...

ubuntu "needs" a release of stable before march and it's likely that the team will deliver.
and while they're at it, they will probably also release a 1.5.5.
i've seen signs of it...

Free discussion / Raodmap updates?
« Last post by Gibbz on February 06, 2019, 04:46:24 am »
I'm wondering when we can expect a 1.5.5 release?
The roadmap looks like it has not been updated in a few years, is there a up to date one around anywhere?
It would also be interesting to see what changes are coming :)
Beginner Talk / Re: Edit image gimp link broken
« Last post by patreg on February 06, 2019, 01:16:58 am »
Each newsletter I do on Scribus I like it more & each issue gets more pictures, so streamlining/cropping the images is getting to be a HUGE issue.

This may not be a Scribus problem...but it (the "edit image" link) worked before and now when I click on "Edit Image" it doesn't connect to Gimp 2. So I am puzzled how to get it to link again.

Thanks- Marty

I had the same problem and solved this problem with a little exploration. I had no problem with my installation of Gimp and Scribus in my Ubuntu Linux laptop but my windows laptop had this "Gimp2 is missing" notification even if it's installed.

I am using Gimp2 in Windows 10 and was editing my brochure using Scribus 1.4.7.  Here's the solution:

In Scribus, Go to File --> Preferences --> External Tools. Find Image Processing Tool, change it from "gimp" or whatever is there with your Gimp2 executable found in C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.8.exe. Apply and click OK. Scribus should link with Gimp2.

I had a hard time looking for the answer to this problem hence I'm sharing it here as I felt many users need this detailed solution.
Beginner Talk / Re: Image Effects
« Last post by a.l.e on February 05, 2019, 10:52:44 pm »
There are no drop shadows in 1.4.7... but there should be a script in the wiki faking them (you can try to google for it).

in 1.5.x (development version) there are drop shadows, but they're still rather slow and you cannot use too may of them in one file (afaik).
Beginner Talk / Image Effects
« Last post by David Brookens on February 05, 2019, 11:54:47 am »
I'm just starting with Scribus (Version 1:4:7). I'm compiling a book with images and I want the images to have a drop shadow or similar. I can't find an option in the image properties dialogue (although I've seen it there on a tutorial video dealing with an earlier version of Scribus). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Beginner Talk / Re: Help! Unable to Make Edits to Text Frames
« Last post by khalid on February 04, 2019, 04:14:33 pm »
I've had trouble with this for some time too. The problem lies in what "mode" Scribus is displaying the document. You cannot select layers in Preview Mode.
MacOS / Re: Signal 11 crashes and now Scribus has gone haywire
« Last post by utnik on February 02, 2019, 01:00:47 am »
hi john

dropbox is ok. the missing preview doesn't matter.
when you're logged into your account, you can generate a download link for any file in your dropbox. in german it's called 'freigeben' – in english it could be something like 'release'.

utnik
MacOS / Re: Signal 11 crashes and now Scribus has gone haywire
« Last post by JohnJR on February 01, 2019, 09:41:33 pm »
Hi Utnik,

I think I have my .sla file uploaded to one of these "file hosting services", as far as I can tell.  The service I chose is one called Dropbox, which seems to be pretty universal, and I've uploaded it to Dropbox.com.

How to furnish you with the file is not clear to me.

First of all with Scribus.  I think there is a way to email you directly with a link to the file in Dropbox since I have my own sign-in registration, however I can't find it and Mr. and Mrs. Google were no help.  Please advise.

Second of all with Dropbox.com.  It gave me a message that, ".sla files can't be previewed", and a long list of "supported file types", of which .sla wasn't one of them.  Perhaps this is old hat to you and you have methods around this, or perhaps Dropbox is just not appropriate for this and I should choose another service.  Please advise.

Novice using OS X 10.11.6.

Thanks,

John
Code / Re: Improving the snapping to items
« Last post by Gibbz on February 01, 2019, 04:58:59 am »
Yeah looks good to me. Im not sure using a modifier key is the way to go here.... I think a shortcut would work better (Corel uses Alt+z to toggle snap on/off).

Yes corel draw is a drawing program, but we use it for page layout, and nothing ive used comes close to the snap tool in this one. Ill try and explain how it works:
Each object has a snap node, the corners (square), mid points (triangle) and center (diamond).
When selecting an object to move it, if the cursor is near one of these points, it will display a small snap shape (listed above) on that point to let the user know that is the source snap point.
Then the user can click + drag that object to snap it to another object's snap points.
This system can also snap to objects nodes of source and target objects if enabled.

Attached a screenshot

Code / Re: fix the alternate selection modes (shift + alt + ctrl)
« Last post by Gibbz on February 01, 2019, 04:45:05 am »
Yep it is :)

Ive also done another for adding shift to the resize gesture:
https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15563
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10