Scribusoid

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Installation and Setup / Scribus for MAC 10.6.8 - Ghostscript
« Last post by ECAT on February 07, 2019, 11:44:23 am »
Hello all,

I downloaded a Scribus version for Mac 10.6.8 and looks like I need Ghostscript too.
Anyone knows which version I need for Mac 10.6.8 please? When I click on the download link form Scribus page it send me to a page in some Mathematic Department in Oregon, where many links are...is that correct?
Will I need to download other things after Ghostscript?

Thanks a lot!
E
Beginner Talk / Re: Image Effects
« Last post by a.l.e on February 06, 2019, 10:40:34 pm »
No, I don't think there has been any drop shadows in earlier versions...
Beginner Talk / Re: Making a 4 page Wedding Program. Scribus' page setup confuses me.
« Last post by Nermander on February 06, 2019, 10:25:19 pm »
I attempted to do this, but an issue I am facing is that if I edit Page 1 of the document, Page 2 will change as well. I can post pictures of what I have so far if need be.

This sounds as if you are editing a Master Page instead of the actual page.
Code / Re: Improving the snapping to items
« Last post by a.l.e on February 06, 2019, 10:00:02 pm »
having seen the screenshot, i can say it: i really did not understand what you were describing : - )

it's for sure a clever way for reducing the number of snapping points.

but i have to think further, if it works well for layout work...

i did work a bit with item snapping enabled during the last few days and it was useful but i really think that i would have preferred to quickly enable it on demand rather than keeping on switching it on and of.
Beginner Talk / Re: Image Effects
« Last post by David Brookens on February 06, 2019, 09:22:41 pm »
Thanks for that. Disappointing. I think I might prefer the earlier version.
Beginner Talk / Re: Making a 4 page Wedding Program. Scribus' page setup confuses me.
« Last post by a.l.e on February 06, 2019, 09:13:50 pm »
sorry, front and back are inverted...

left the back, right the front...
« Last post by a.l.e on February 06, 2019, 09:11:24 pm »
i would guess that he is thinking of something like this:

Beginner Talk / Making a 4 page Wedding Program. Scribus' page setup confuses me.
« Last post by Rion on February 06, 2019, 08:11:48 pm »
This is for a class that teaches InDesign. I am allowed to use Scribus, but some of the instructions I do not know how to translate to this program (yet!)

These are the instructions the professor gave.

"In order to design a single-fold wedding program properly, you will have to create a 2-page document. Because there is a fold in the middle, it divides the page into two panels per page."

he also added

"You will not be submitting a double-sided document, just both Page 1 and Page 2 in one InDesign file."

---

I attempted to do this, but an issue I am facing is that if I edit Page 1 of the document, Page 2 will change as well. I can post pictures of what I have so far if need be.

Thank you for any help guys.
Beginner Talk / Re: Get rid of black lines in table
« Last post by ak5520 on February 06, 2019, 04:57:06 pm »
my general hint applies: don't use the tables in scribus (except if you're 100% you want to use them *and* you know how to manage them).
in scribus  the tables are a primitive tool that is only useful in very few cases.

in you're case, you seem on your way to get stuck... if the first thing you want to do is removing the borders and you don't manage to do it.

you'd better invest your time in figuring out alternative ways of doing presenting the information:
use tabs, import tables as "images" from office, or do some real infographics!

one day scribus will get a real tables tool... but it's not there yet.

Thanks sir for this. This forum is really helpful
MacOS / After installation Scribus and Ghostscript not able to import files
« Last post by peterpine on February 06, 2019, 01:08:32 pm »
Good day to you all. I am a newbie. I installed Scribus on my Macbook (High Sierra) and got a message about Ghostscript. I found help on the internet how to install Ghostwriter after a Scribus installation. I did that and no more messages. However the import functionality is greyed out. I want to import an ai file.

How can I check that Ghostscript is working properly?
If it is properly working, what may be the problem? Apart from my ignorance  ;)

Thanks for your help.

Peter

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10