Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Installation and Setup / Re: appimage scribus 1.5.4 - nothing visible in the menus
« Last post by tamas on July 29, 2018, 11:56:31 pm »
Same problem here with the 1.5.4. AppImage on Linux MInt 19. I did, however, install Scribus-ng (1.5.4) and it works just fine. So the problem is with the AppImage not with Mint (as far as I can tell). I also have Krita-4.0.AppImage on Mint 19 and it works perfectly well.
Features / Re: [Feature] Support of animated png (*.apng)
« Last post by Templina on July 29, 2018, 04:39:51 pm »
Thanks for both your answer!

Closing this thread now.
Installation and Setup / Re: appimage scribus 1.5.4 - nothing visible in the menus
« Last post by elode on July 29, 2018, 10:19:16 am »
changing the theme does not correct the problem  :(
Linux / Re: No Menu's
« Last post by RodneyLee on July 29, 2018, 12:33:46 am »
I just installed from the Mint App Center and it works again, only the Appimages don't work, install Scribus-NG
Linux / Re: No Menu's
« Last post by tamas on July 28, 2018, 09:39:26 pm »
I have the same problem and canĀ“t seem to find any solutions on the Internet. I have a clean installed Linux MInt 19 and a  Scribus 1.5.4. AppImage. The app is working fine (I can open files), but without the Menu Bar I cannot edit or set up Scribus. When clicking on menu items, all I get is an empty window.
Linux / No Menu's
« Last post by RodneyLee on July 28, 2018, 04:43:07 pm »
Just installed Mint 19 from scratch and Scribus 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 menu text doesn't show up, thinking its a missing font, I know this was brought up before, tried themes no luck

Scribus 1.5.2 does work just fine so have gone back to it for now

Any Ideas?
PDF Generation / Re: PDF convertion
« Last post by a.l.e on July 28, 2018, 10:59:09 am »
when a newcomer posts a link without much of explanation and without saying why that link is particularly good a few alarm bells ring: spam spam spam...

there are lot of such tool that do similar services for free (without being free (in the sense of free software)) and without specifying the reason why they are free.

you're welcome to repost the link if the service is free software (open source) or you can write more about your experience and explain us why it's better than all the other similar tools around.

on the other side there is a good solution that is based on free software: just download libreoffice (or openoffice) and you'll get a free software office suite that can read your doc documents and produce pdfs (among many other things).
if you want a command line tool, pandoc (also a free software tool!) should also be able to convert docx files to pdf.

hope that this explanation helps understanding why i moderate your link.
« Last post by Bivhab on July 28, 2018, 12:40:46 am »
Is there any problem in links? Can you put the link again?
« Last post by Bivhab on July 28, 2018, 12:38:00 am »
I suggested that tool because the tool can convert any type of file.
I have the same problem, tried changing themes, which one worked for you?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
palmate