Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Features / Re: Suggestion: a good start for footnotes Insert > Char > Footnote#
« Last post by a.l.e on October 11, 2018, 09:21:42 am »
thanks for filling the ticket!
i've added a preview of what inkscape sees and exports as png...

let's hope that someone finds the issue...
Code / Re: Compiling scribus with qt creator
« Last post by a.l.e on October 11, 2018, 09:14:58 am »
hi gibbz,

i only skimmed through the patch... it looks mostly good!

there is only one detail:

- there are some tabs/spaces mismatch ("sadly" scribus uses hard tabs, not 4 spaces)

when working on the scribus you will have to configurate the project to use hard tabs...

and, of course, patches are always welcome!

ciao
a.l.e
Scripts and Plugins / Re: PNG Export - no background option?
« Last post by a.l.e on October 11, 2018, 09:04:55 am »
yes, a patch for the scripter is probably welcome and is probably easy to add. the feature exists in scribus.

but i still think that it would have been better to keep scribus a bit simpler and document how to use python to transform a pdf into a png with a transparent background.
imo, scribus has the disposition to do too many things not that well... and i would sometimes prefer it would do slightly less but really well... most of all when there are already workflows for achieving the same result...
Scripts and Plugins / Re: PNG Export - no background option?
« Last post by Gibbz on October 11, 2018, 07:18:13 am »
I figured as much. I only need basic output of png's. But that is on the list of basics :)

Guess I can look at making code changes for this while im at it... Thanks for your help in the other thread btw!
Code / Re: Compiling scribus with qt creator
« Last post by Gibbz on October 11, 2018, 07:16:29 am »
Yeah sure, I am trialing using scribus at work to replace coreldraw. So mostly advertising materials, newsletters and basic graphics.

Ive posted a bug, and now made a patch file (https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15441) what is the process of getting these changes included? As Im very keen to start using this fix :)

Also have some other bugs I want to look into from a usability standpoint before I can encourage the transition at work...
Features / Re: Suggestion: a good start for footnotes Insert > Char > Footnote#
« Last post by jack_cat on October 11, 2018, 06:40:29 am »
can you please upload the svg to the bug tracker and see if the team can find what's wrong with it?

https://bugs.scribus.net

there might be a problem on the lillypond side... or on the scribus side...

I can confirm that rendering the SVG output from lilypond in Scribus frame hits problems.

I was not sure that the error was not mine in some way. Dragonfly confirms some kind of error.
It is a little difficult to describe; Scribus gives multiple error messages on trying to export, to the
effect that many objects are not on a page.
I have not tried to reproduce the error or work around it, but I have uploaded an .svg file:

https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15454
Text and Typography / Re: How do install a lot of fonts at once into Scribus Ubuntu?
« Last post by Sparxz on October 10, 2018, 09:04:44 pm »

Thanks. That's a bit simpler than the way I was doing it.
Text and Typography / Re: How do install a lot of fonts at once into Scribus Ubuntu?
« Last post by Nermander on October 10, 2018, 05:49:41 pm »
Scribus uses the fonts installed on your system, but you can also point Scribus to folders with additional fonts. To "install" a font into that folder you just need tp copy it there.

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Help:Manual_Fontsconfig
Layout Issues / Re: png/tif images printing with two shades of black
« Last post by Dewedi on October 10, 2018, 12:26:15 pm »
Thanks for the tips but somehow the issue still remains. On lighter background it's not so noticeable which I had to do to keep up with the deadline. However I want to know why this happens and how to fix it for future cases :)

I changed images to png with transparent backgrounds and I changed the background black to rgb.

Export to pdf gives me a weird result in printing with weird white boxes and with Microsoft print to pdf the print does the black boxes.

https://files.fm/u/e2hz2fae

The files include the sla and the 2 pngs, exported pdf and 2 print scans.
Text and Typography / How do install a lot of fonts at once into Scribus Ubuntu?
« Last post by Sparxz on October 10, 2018, 11:58:34 am »

How do install a lot of fonts at once into Scribus Ubuntu?
I only do it manually(slowly) for system-wide.

Is there a script I can use in a directory tree, where I can 'recursively' install
all from each directory? I have a lot of fonts to try out, and after a lot of reinstalls lately,
it is tedious.
I am surprised that there is not a GUI, other than view/install one at a time, asking for password each time.

In terminal I have made two new system directories(truetype & oft) & tried this:

~/WDownloads/Fonts$ sudo cp -r *.ttf /usr/local/share/fonts/truetype
sudo fc-cache
 ~/WDownloads/Fonts$ sudo cp -r *.otf /usr/local/share/fonts/oft
sudo fc-cache

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
palmate