Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Scripts and Plugins / Re: In Scribus version 1.4.6 barcode creation does not work.
« Last post by a.l.e on August 09, 2018, 03:19:07 pm »
if you don't have ghostscript installed, here are some very minimal instruction for installing it:

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Installation_and_Configuration_of_Ghostscript#Installing_Ghostscript_on_Mac_OS_X

just ask if they are not clear enough...
Scripts and Plugins / Re: In Scribus version 1.4.6 barcode creation does not work.
« Last post by sinthia on August 09, 2018, 11:28:21 am »
Yes version 9.22.
O.S. Xubuntu 18.04
Hello,

I have it working over night, but it was not correct finish. I must closed Scribus. I do not know, why "Search and Replace" "Replace all" not working correct in this cause.

See regard
Martin
« Last post by mnawij on August 08, 2018, 11:08:44 pm »
Hi sinthia,

My first guess, do you have ghostscript installed and scribus pointed to it?  Also which OS are you using?

Cheers!

mnawij
Beginner Talk / "Serach an Replace" "Replace All" work and work and work
« Last post by martinjenniges on August 08, 2018, 02:05:52 pm »
Hello,

I have a document with 100 pages in Din-A5 with the Font-Sizes 14 pt for Titles and 10 pt for Text. Now, I want change the Document-Format to Din-A4 and the Font-Sizes 16 pt for Titles and 14 pt for Text.

With the Dialog "Search an Replace" have I changed the Title Font-Size to 16 pt; it has work for +-50 Titles in 3-4 Seconds.

After them, I have started the Same for the Text Font-Size: now, after one hour, it work and work and work....

How long can it during for 100 pages with 10 pt Font-Size ?

See regard
Martin
Scripts and Plugins / In Scribus version 1.4.6 barcode creation does not work.
« Last post by sinthia on August 08, 2018, 01:31:10 pm »
In Scribus version 1.4.6 barcode creation does not work.

This is the error
Code: [Select]
.../.scribus/bcode.ps failed!
thank you
Beginner Talk / Re: Image inserts upside down
« Last post by mnawij on August 08, 2018, 02:43:43 am »
Hi natalieben,

See my attached image of preferences and make sure your path is pointed to where gimp.exe is installed on your computer.  I'm using Scribus 1.5 and a Mac so you will have to find a corresponding MS Windows dialog.  This should allow scribus to open gimp.

Next see my basepoint attachment.  If the black dot is in the middle of the tic tac toe grid in the XYZ properties dialog for a lack of better term, the image frame should rotate in place and not jump around on the artboard.

As for why the image is being placed upside down, I have to admit that has me stumped.  As a.l.e. mentioned, could you please upload one of the images that are importing upside down for us to try...

Cheers!

mnawij
Let us stay with the basics, leaving the advanced stuff for future learning..

I use Ubuntu so I don't remember the options with Word 10.

But at its most basic you will need to create a content file system for fragments of text documents which you can easily import into Scribus textframes.

So you might create a project directory (a tree) to reflect the flow of your encyclopedia, page by page.

Using Word 10 you create text sections which match each of your images you painstakingly draw.

Then for each Scribus page you create one or more linked textframes (for your text) and an image frame (for the image such as dragon associated with the text).

There are multiple tutorials and wiki sections explaining this process and I will not expand further.

I will venture to suggest that instead of (or in addition to) Word 10 you experiment with a notes editor to build a repository of your 400 or so sections.   I have previously suggested Atom but here is another suggestion you might try out.

https://www.giuspen.com/cherrytree/

https://www.giuspen.com/cherrytree/#downl

Windows installer:

http://www.giuspen.com/software/cherrytree_0.38.5_setup.exe

You can then write each of your pieces of text and then copy/paste these into your Scribus textframes.

Since you will be associating an image with each section of text you can create for each node a subnode which holds only the jpg image.

This means that you might have 400 nodes with 400 subnodes in a tree structure.

You could further organise your tree to reflect categories such as objects, plants, animals, personalities, and places as you wrote earlier. You can add tags to Cherrytree nodes for cross reference

Using this approach you can maintain some degree of control over your external content to be copied/pasted manually into Scribus document in a workflow. Keep content and layout separate.

However, it is still a painstaking process to manually copy/paste hundreds of text sections with images into Scribus.  In later weeks I might add how to automate this process using a script.
Thank you so much for your response. At this point I am such a Scribus noob that half of what you said I will need to research to understand. I don't think I want to build an online searchable encyclopedia. just a dead tree book.

I am using Windows 10 and I am writing the text in Word. I am drawing the images either in pen and ink and scanning them in, or drawing them in photoshop. It depends what the image is but they will all end up as .jpgs
Beginner Talk / Re: Image inserts upside down
« Last post by a.l.e on August 07, 2018, 10:52:39 am »
can you please share one of the images?

you probably see an "an automatically corrected" preview in your file manager and the real up side down image in scribus...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
palmate