Scribusoid

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Element order in the XML file
« Last post by sachinkhanna32 on May 27, 2018, 12:37:55 pm »
The child elements in the XML document MUST appear in the order they are declared in the XSD schema. Only one of the child elements described in the XSD schema can appear in the XML document. The child elements described in the XSD schema can appear in the XML document in any order.
Features / Drop Caps for more than one character
« Last post by enzogian on May 27, 2018, 12:15:59 pm »
Hi, I wonder if there is a way to apply the paragraph effect (Drop Caps) to more than one character only. Example, being able to the effect in a complete word like "On"  or    "The"   (being able to choose the exact amount of characters would be great) !

thanks and regards
Layout Issues / Re: Master Page gets drawn in Foreground of Pictures and Text
« Last post by utnik on May 27, 2018, 12:26:31 am »
hi chemo
i don't know what goes on here – but without the file (one single page with the placed objects…) it's hard to find out.

utnik
Layout Issues / Master Page gets drawn in Foreground of Pictures and Text
« Last post by Chemo on May 27, 2018, 12:01:33 am »
Hi. I have a weird problem.
It's about a scribus document that's about 4 years old. It opens without any problems and is displayed correctly, but when I export it to PDF all the images are kinda grey and lack color.
First I thought it's a color management problem, but then I realized, that the background image of the Master Page is transparently drawn ON TOP ofall the pictures and the texts. However, not on top of colored areas (e.g. background color of elements).

I was under the assumption that the feature of drawing Master Page elements in foreground is not implemented in my version of Scribus 1.4.6.

However, the background image on top doesn't really explain, how the pictures lose all their colors.

I attached two screenshots:
One shows the display in Scribus (everything allright) and the second shows the view after the export to PDF.
Both are very close zoomed, so it's easier to spot the stripes of the background image of the Master Document on top of the picture and the text.

Is this a configuration issue or a bug?
With another similar document I have no such problems. However, others experience the same behaviour with the document, with their Scribus installation.
PDF Generation / Re: "Use Color Profiles" options in PDF export
« Last post by lcooper on May 26, 2018, 03:16:21 pm »
Thanks for your help guys, I will check with the printers if they can do one of the following:

1) Convert RGB colours to CYMK themselves from a PDF/X-4 file.
2) Accept a PDF/X-1a file (there are not any transparencies)

I will report back as to how I get on...
Text and Typography / Re: Numbering and page numbering using Devanagari numerals
« Last post by a.l.e on May 26, 2018, 02:41:11 pm »
page numbers are managed in the "document settings", under "sections"...

... there you can pick a number style.

pleae, open a ticket in the bugs tracker (https://bugs.scribus.net) and specify the language you're needing (and be ready to provide the details on how to add the specific language).

ciao
a.l.e
Scripts and Plugins / Re: getPageType Strange Error
« Last post by a.l.e on May 26, 2018, 02:35:46 pm »
... i guess that the page identity is the page number... starting from 0 or 1...
« Last post by a.l.e on May 26, 2018, 02:33:26 pm »
but i would first ask at the printshop what they really need. it's a bit strange to call for .pdf/x-4 when they can't handle correct .pdf/x-4 files.
if your project is free of transparency effects, you might be fine with .pdf./x-1a.

on the one side, utnik is 100% correct with this hint...

... but there is one more thing to be careful of: if a print shop ask for a pdf/x-4 but expect images to be in CMYK, there are some chances that they also will break transparencies!
so, if you have transparencies in your document, you should also ask the print shop if they support them...

and, indeed, if you don't have transparencies, you should be able to provide a pdf/x-1 a and your print shop will probably happy with it...
Scripts and Plugins / Re: getPageType Strange Error
« Last post by Nermander on May 26, 2018, 01:27:48 pm »
The error message says the function needs an argument, and the paranthesis is empty.

I think you need to use

Code: [Select]
scribus.getPageType(<page identity>)
I have no idea what <page identity> shall be, but of course you will have to let the function know for which page you are requesting the Page Type.

« Last post by utnik on May 26, 2018, 10:01:23 am »
hi lcooper

as i understand it, the scribus developers force scribus to convert colors as required by the specifications of the output format. (…and don't allow to change this in most cases.)

if your print shop asks for .pdf/x-4, but with all the content converted to a specific cmyk profile, you need to convert it in advance. if your image processor is gimp, you'll need another program for the conversion. (krita would be my choice.)

but i would first ask at the printshop what they really need. it's a bit strange to call for .pdf/x-4 when they can't handle correct .pdf/x-4 files.
if your project is free of transparency effects, you might be fine with .pdf./x-1a.

utnik
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10