Aligning Frames

Previous topic - Next topic

FriendlyPat

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to align one or more frames or objects?  In my previous DTP software, you could Shift-Click several objects then choose one of several alignments (e.g. top, left, centre), and all boxes would align to the first one selected.  I am looking for something similar in Scribus.

I am a complete newbie, and any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind wishes, Patrick

GarryP

Patrick, the "Align and Distribute" palette which Nermander pointed you to should do the trick.

If you look more at the Windows menu you'll also see other palettes that are available such as Scrapbook, Layers, etc.

Personally I think the palettes are in a horrible place menu-wise - the Windows menu is traditionally for things like Minimise/Zoom/Split/Swap etc. - and it's not very intuitive which is why you - and others - probably miss it, but that's just my own opinion.

(Maybe there should be a new "Palettes" main menu item? Or a "Palettes" sub-menu in the "View" menu perhaps? I don't know where other DTP applications have these things. I only suggest it as it might make the transition from other software a bit easier. Something for the developers to ponder there I think, if there are any reading this.)