Scribusoid

Author Topic: Donations  (Read 2127 times)

Hineynu

• Scribus User
Donations
« on: March 29, 2013, 10:29:54 am »
Hi,

I have found Scribus so valuable that I would like to make a monetary donation to its development.  Is this possible?

utnik

Re: Donations
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 12:27:16 pm »
hi hineynu

...I would like to make a monetary donation to its development.  Is this possible?

...good question!
sometimes i make a donation to the 'libre graphics meeting', but when i was searching for a possibilityfor direct support for scribus some time ago, i couldn't find any...

utnik
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:29:26 pm by utnik »

Arran

• Typograph
    • Arran Gems
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 01:26:59 pm »
Open a Bug-Report...  ;D  ;) ;D
Have you first consulted the Manual? You can probably find the solution there.

Happy Greetings from Scotland's nicest Holiday Island

wiccer

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 08:27:33 pm »
A thing I don't understand is why can't Scribus developers initiate some kind of a crowd-funding project to secure additional means for development.

I mean, video editors for Linux have done it (Kdenlive got money for "re-factoring";  Openshot, as it seems, has nearly collected the money it needs for a major overhaul) and, mind you, neither of the two applications is as close as Scribus to being a reliable, professional-grade application that actually can replace a proprietary software. Maybe it's time to do something like that for Scribus? Surely, there are more people willing to support you with their money...

Astroman Pete

• Scribus User
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 02:57:53 am »
If a channel is made available, I'd definitely contribute, as well.

Nermander

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 08:37:39 am »
The problem with most development isn't money, it's time. And time is a bit harder to donate.

Also if I recall correct there are some issues regarding taxes etc that need to be solved.

Eneen

• Scribus User
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 04:15:53 pm »
A thing I don't understand is why can't Scribus developers initiate some kind of a crowd-funding project to secure additional means for development.

I mean, video editors for Linux have done it (Kdenlive got money for "re-factoring";  Openshot, as it seems, has nearly collected the money it needs for a major overhaul) and, mind you, neither of the two applications is as close as Scribus to being a reliable, professional-grade application that actually can replace a proprietary software. Maybe it's time to do something like that for Scribus? Surely, there are more people willing to support you with their money...

Krita has made really great kickstarter campain and improved a lot:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/krita/krita-2016-lets-make-text-and-vector-art-awesome