Donations

Previous topic - Next topic

Hineynu

Hi,

I have found Scribus so valuable that I would like to make a monetary donation to its development.  Is this possible?

utnik

hi hineynu

Quote from: Hineynu on March 29, 2013, 09:29:54 AM...I would like to make a monetary donation to its development.  Is this possible?

...good question!
sometimes i make a donation to the 'libre graphics meeting', but when i was searching for a possibilityfor direct support for scribus some time ago, i couldn't find any...

utnik

Arran

Open a Bug-Report...  ;D  ;) ;D
Have you first consulted the Manual? You can probably find the solution there.

Happy Greetings from Scotland's nicest Holiday Island

wiccer

A thing I don't understand is why can't Scribus developers initiate some kind of a crowd-funding project to secure additional means for development.

I mean, video editors for Linux have done it (Kdenlive got money for "re-factoring";  Openshot, as it seems, has nearly collected the money it needs for a major overhaul) and, mind you, neither of the two applications is as close as Scribus to being a reliable, professional-grade application that actually can replace a proprietary software. Maybe it's time to do something like that for Scribus? Surely, there are more people willing to support you with their money...

Astroman Pete

If a channel is made available, I'd definitely contribute, as well.

Nermander

The problem with most development isn't money, it's time. And time is a bit harder to donate.

Also if I recall correct there are some issues regarding taxes etc that need to be solved.

Eneen

Quote from: wiccer on April 02, 2013, 07:27:33 PM
A thing I don't understand is why can't Scribus developers initiate some kind of a crowd-funding project to secure additional means for development.

I mean, video editors for Linux have done it (Kdenlive got money for "re-factoring";  Openshot, as it seems, has nearly collected the money it needs for a major overhaul) and, mind you, neither of the two applications is as close as Scribus to being a reliable, professional-grade application that actually can replace a proprietary software. Maybe it's time to do something like that for Scribus? Surely, there are more people willing to support you with their money...

Krita has made really great kickstarter campain and improved a lot:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/krita/krita-2016-lets-make-text-and-vector-art-awesome

Franz Gratzer

I have been searching for a donation possibility too – and failed. Donating time seems much harder because getting to a point where I could actually help instead of binding resources for getting shown around needs time. Given enough funding there could be a paid employee – at least temporarily. I get that accepting donations would mean to create any kind of legal base for accepting donations but I am surprised that such an important project as Scribus doesn't seem to have it yet. Are there any specific problems? Or is there just nobody who wants to get involved in this kind of stuff?

ramanraj

I have found Scribus so valuable that I would like to make a monetary donation to its development.  Is this possible?

Moderation: removed the link to a non related web site

anuraghbasu

I have found Scribus so valuable that I would like to make a monetary donation to its development.

Moderation: removed the link to a non related web site