Shapes not choosable on Fedora

Previous topic - Next topic

raufgrubenhans

Hello everyone,

I'm running Fedora and I've just installed Scribus from the official repositories. I'm trying to draw a circle, but I can't choose anything else but the square for a shape. When I click on the little arrow right next to the square in the toolbar, the menu of the shapes pops up, but clicking on a specific shape has no effect.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but the documentation tells me it should work this way. Please help me!

If it's of any help, I'm running Scribus 1.4.2 on Fedora Kernel Version 3.6.10-2.fc17.x86_64

Arran

I try it:
1. open a text box
2. press on the down arrow and select the shape
3. click with the mouse into that text field and move the mouse to determine the size

I hope, that helps you.
Have you first consulted the Manual? You can probably find the solution there.

Happy Greetings from Scotland's nicest Holiday Island

Wena

Arran I am interested in this subject but cant understand your explanations but would very much value a more detailed one.

Wena

raufgrubenhans

Thanks, but this didn't help. In the Textbox, I can't draw any shape. For explanation: I CAN draw a square, but switching to other shapes is, what's not working.

GarryP

I don't know anything about the Fedora build so I can't add anything there but I have two suggestions.

First, have you tried inserting the shape via the "Insert" menu instead of the toolbar button? I don't know how this is coded in Scribus but it could make a difference.

And second, if you just want something reasonably circular, have you tried inserting a polygon with many corners (40 or greater) instead? It's not a real circle, but if you just want something circular to wrap text around then this would work.

Obviously, neither of these things fixes the problem but either could be a work-around until you get the real fix.

I hope some of this helps.

Arran

I would agree to Garrys suggestion.

Here are screenshots I just made. They should be selfexplanatory.

The last shows you how to change a basic shape.

I do, as you can see, use a german version. So you might have to interprete the individual terms on your machine.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Have you first consulted the Manual? You can probably find the solution there.

Happy Greetings from Scotland's nicest Holiday Island

utnik

if it really doesn't work in the usual way, one of the mandatory steps should be to file a report at bugs.scribus.net!

utnik