F1 - Manual is not installed?

Previous topic - Next topic

sataylor56

I have just installed Scribus and am enjoying learning about it. I am running Kubuntu 12.04 64 bit and have Scribus Version 1.4.3.svn installed and working. The only problem I have found, so far, is the the manual won't show up from either the F1 key or from the help menu. It just says that the manual is not installed. I installed both scribus-doc packages that were listed from the Muon Package Manager. Is there something else I have to do to actually get Scribus to recognize the manual or is there another package that I need to install?
Thanks,
Steve

sataylor56

I just installed Scribus on another system running Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon 64 bit and Scribus 1.4.1.svn. I installed it from the Mint package manager and the manual is present and functioning with no other fuss.

Arran

I support you. On my Kubuntu 12.10, Scribus 1.4.3svn the documentation is according to muon installed, but neither with F1 or Help can I access the help.

I have opened a few of the html-pages in usr/share/scribus/doc/en, notably the index.html. There are no links to any futher pages at all on any of the ten pages I have opened. Neither can I find a table of content page. I think this is something to be amended in the new stable 1.4.3 once it will be published.
Have you first consulted the Manual? You can probably find the solution there.

Happy Greetings from Scotland's nicest Holiday Island