Move to back

Previous topic - Next topic

mitoe

Hi,

I am new to Scribus scripting. In my python script I created a rectangle and now I am trying to move it one step back (as in right click => Level => Lower). Is there any way to do so by scripting? I didn't find anything appropriate in the docs.

Using layers might be a fallback but doesn't completely cover what I have in mind.

Thanks for any help.

Michael

toyotadesigner

What about opening the properties panel, click the right most arrow to move your object to the back. If the F2 properties panel displays your object data, you will see the green arrows below the word Levels. This is a lot faster than any script.

Nermander

Not if the script is creating dozens of objects automatically...

mitoe

Hi,

the goal is the pseudo-shadow effect (described at the top of http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Shadows_around/behind_images) applied to all (non-background) images in an otherwise finished document. So it's about >100 images.

The workaround I tried is to use three layers: One for the background images, one for the shadows and one for the foreground images. This isn't exactly the desired effect if several  foreground images overlap (for this I would need to manipulate the level as asked in the initial posting), but otherwise it's ok.

Regards,

Michael