Text in scribus

Previous topic - Next topic

soso74

Hi,

Do you know if it is possible to have two different font size (14pt for the title and 12pt for the text e.g.) in a same text window?

Also do you know if it is possible to have the first letter of the paragraph bigger on 3 lines for example when using scribus?

Thank you.

a.l.e

hi soso,

just double click on the frame to enter the edit mode, open the properties palette (window menu) and go to the text tab.
when you select a word, you will be able to set its characteristics.

have a nice day
a.l.e

Meho R.

Quote from: soso74 on October 15, 2012, 09:49:01 PM
[...]
Also do you know if it is possible to have the first letter of the paragraph bigger on 3 lines for example when using scribus?

Thank you.

There is a "Drop Caps" option in Paragraph styles dialog. Go to Edit > Styles (F3), then click on a style for which you want drop caps (or create a new paragraph style for this purpose) > Edit, activate "Drop Caps" checkbox and define how many lines the first letter would occupy as well as the distance from the text. This is the easy version, but not very flexible. There is also an "advanced" approach by using another text frame or image frame. More infos on both can be found here and here.

soso74

Thanks for your help...

But I don't know if it's because I am using Scribus on Mac and in French, but I do not see the menus you are talking about:

Edit > Paragraph Styles

I have: Edition>Rechercher-Substituer, or Edition>Aperçu des polices disponibles...
And it does not seem to be inside...

Also I do not see this properties palette (window menu)... Each time I select a word in the text and I change its size, the size of all the text is changed...:-(

Meho R.

Quote from: soso74 on October 16, 2012, 07:09:16 PM
Thanks for your help...

But I don't know if it's because I am using Scribus on Mac and in French, but I do not see the menus you are talking about:

Edit > Paragraph Styles

I have: Edition>Rechercher-Substituer, or Edition>Aperçu des polices disponibles...
And it does not seem to be inside...

1. Édition > Styles (or just press F3). A new window will appear, its title: "Gestionnaire de styles". If you select "Style de paragraphe par défaut", which is default paragraph style and then press "Édition" button at the bottom of the window, you'll see "Lettrines" checkbox in the middle of the window. That is what you're looking for. "Lettrines" = "Drop Caps".

But you probably don't want Drop Caps at the beginning of every paragraph, so, instead of using "Style de paragraphe par défaut", you can create a new paragraph style ("Nouveau > Style de paragraphe") and set it to your liking.

Also I do not see this properties palette (window menu)... Each time I select a word in the text and I change its size, the size of all the text is changed...:-(

2. You apply a paragraph style by double click inside a paragraph and then selecting the style you want in Properties palette ("Fenêtres > Propriétés" or just press F2). Note that paragraph styles apply to the whole paragraph, no matter if you selected some text or just double clicked inside a paragraph. On the other hand, if you want to change appearance of only some words inside a paragraph, consider using Character styles (Styles de caractères), which apply only to selected text.

[attachment deleted by admin]

soso74