Image processing problem

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Brill

Dear all

Apologies for this double posting which I previously made in the Raster and Vector Graphics section of the forum.

I have just installed Scribus on my Mac, running OS X 10.7.4. I have installed Ghostscript.

I am struggling to use Photoshop Elements 6 for image processing. I have selected this program as the Image Processing Tool and the External Editor on the External Tools preference, but when I attempt to edit an image in Scribus, I get the message:

"The program /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 6/Adobe Photoshop Elements.app is missing!"

I have also attempted the same process using Gimp rather than Photoshop Elements but receive the same message...

Any suggestions or help would be most welcome!

Thanks

Dave Brill
dave.brill@btopenworld.com

toyotadesigner

Did you submit the complete path incl. the application name to Scribus?

/Macintosh HD/Applications/Adobe/Photoshop Elements 6/Adobe Photoshop Elements.app

You might try the following:

/"Macintosh HD"/Applications/Adobe/"Photoshop Elements 6"/"Adobe Photoshop Elements.app

The quotation marks might be necessary because there are spaces between the words...

It might be necessary to restart Scribus after you've submitted the external image editor location.