Scribus doesn't find image files on computer only PDF

Previous topic - Next topic

GowerPhoto

Hi,
I have just downloaded Scribus 1.3.3.14 to a computer running Windows 64bit Vista Home Premium. When trying to get an image to place in an image frame, the programe seems unable to locate any folders or files that have the suitable image files in them. It can't seem to locate any of the file formats apart from PDF. The dialogue box opens as normal to allow navigation to My Documents, Desktop etc. but doesn't find the files in these locations.
The same programe on a 32 Bit windows XP laptop works ok.
I have tried reinstalling Scribus and Ghostscript a few times with no change.

Any suggestions?

makar17

J'ai le même souci : en transférant un document contenant des images gifs ou jpeg seul les textes apparaissent sur l'ordi où j'ai fait la copie. D'où la raison de mon inscription sur ce forum.

turfhugger

I'm having the same problem, it just says the file name in red. Some .jpg's work and some do not. I'm not sure why this is happening it is very inconsistent.

Christen_Anderson

Quote from: GowerPhoto on April 06, 2011, 12:07:59 PM
I have just downloaded Scribus 1.3.3.14 to a computer running Windows 64bit Vista Home Premium.
Scribus 1.3.3.14, although technically the latest stable version, is not the best choice anymore. I would suggest upgrading to 1.4.0.rc3 or at least 1.3.9
Scribus 1.4.0 on Windows Vista 32-bit

https://feathercurtain.wordpress.com/