whatever I do, Scribus crashes due to signal...

Previous topic - Next topic

Montseny

Hello to everyone.
I'll try to be the clearest I can but I'm a French native (who doesn't practice English anymore...!)

Since this morning I've met a quite big problem with Scribus (ubuntu 12.04).
Whatever I do, it crashes : when I try to save a document, when I want to import an image, when I want to open a document directly by the scribus interface....

It's a big problem for me, I'm working on a poster for an event, and time is running....

Ubuntu has been updated this morning.

Can someone help me?

Best regards

utnik

hi montseny

did you reinstall scribus after the ubuntu update? – this helps sometimes if things mess up...

utnik

a.l.e

this is a case for "qt config" (or qtconfig).

install it if necessary and choose cleanlooks as the GUI theme...

save and quit.

start scribus

djeeke

Hey all...

I just installed scribus and am running into this exact same issue...
Also on Ubuntu 12.04 Scribus 1.4.1

I installed QT4 settings and selected cleanlooks as descibed above... this does not help..

When starting scribus from terminal I and upon trying to open an existing file i get :

djeeke@djeeke-C660:~$ scribus
Got bus address:  "unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-t8JlZ2CgJe,guid=6978ec038eca1497fbdd277200000861"
Connected to accessibility bus at:  "unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-t8JlZ2CgJe,guid=6978ec038eca1497fbdd277200000861"
Registered DEC:  true
Interface is not valid
ASSERT failure in : "Got an update for an invalid inteface. Investigate this.", file atspiadaptor.cpp, line 899
Scribus Crash
-------------
Scribus crashes due to Signal #6
Calling Emergency Save
djeeke@djeeke-C660:~$

Anybody any idea ?

I normally just make my flyers using inkscape but now need to build an 8 page brochure and thought Scribus would be ideal... If I can get it to run...

Thanks !

a.l.e

looks like a dbus problem...
no idea why scribus is crashing on this...

djeeke

beats me too, I don't even know what a dbus is ...  :(

a.l.e

it's very hard to give you any hints basd on the few information we have.

i suspect something wrong in your settings: can you try to find somebody in your neighborhood who can help you?

djeeke

Quote from: a.l.e on July 29, 2012, 07:46:47 AM
it's very hard to give you any hints basd on the few information we have.

i suspect something wrong in your settings: can you try to find somebody in your neighborhood who can help you?
I understand... No unfortunately nobody in my neigbourhood likes Linux... They all go  :o when I mention it...
But I have installed Scribus on my 'old' Toshiba L360 (same OS and installation method) and it does seem to run on there...
Far from ideal (slower machine less memory, etc...) but I guess it will do ...
If you require any settings output I'll be happy to post obviously...
:)

brotherarnold

I know this is an old thread, but having read around on the web for way to get Scribus to run properly on my system. I have Ubuntu 12.04 and Scribus 1.4.2.  I have changed Qt config settings but Scribus still doesn't run properly. The only way I can get it to work properly is to run it from the terminal with "sudo scribus". Running between normal and "sudo" even displays Scribus differently. (see attached screenshots)

Any other ideas to try and get it to continually launch in root access without using terminal? All I have read so far amounts to a lot of finger pointing without any real help.

If I need to start a new thread, I'll be glad to. I think Scribus has potential, unfortunately I can't readily access that potential.

[attachment deleted by admin]