pages and guides

Previous topic - Next topic

nonplan

Hi everybody!

I'm new here and come with two question.
Since sometimes I need to make the pages closer on scribus, very usefull if I want to decompose easily a picture in multiples pages.
A second thing I don't find how to do, it's how to show the guides on the top of the elements on the pages.
Thank you for your answer and sorry for my english, I'm french.

utnik

hi nonplan

i don't understand your first question – for the second, the solution is: 'file' → 'document setup' → 'guides' → 'in the foreground' (or for you: 'fichier' → 'réglage du document' → 'guides' → 'au premier plan'...)

utnik

a.l.e

i don't really get it, either...

however, if you want to zoom in and out, the best choice is to press the ctrl key and scroll the mouse wheel!

ciao
a.l.e

Nermander

I think it is a matter of getting a spread show as it would show printed (moving the pages close to avoid a gap when for example you have a picture across the spread).

nonplan

Hi,
thank you utnik, it's exactly what I was looking for.
About my first request, sorry for my shaky explanation. Nermander summed it, I would like to avoid the gap between the pages ( A friend show me that on indesign...).

utnik

hi nonplan

look under: 'file' → 'document setup' → 'display' → 'gaps between pages' – for me, horizontal: 0 mm and vertical: 7 mm is a good standard...

utnik

nonplan

woo hoo  :o thank you again utnik!!