New User

Previous topic - Next topic

Don_in_Vermont

I am a new user of Scribus. I have succesfully created a newsletter template and created a newsletter. I like the software very much but miss a spell checker. When do you think a spell checker will be available. Using Scribus on Windows 7, 64 bit system with 12 gig of memory.

GarryP

This doesn't specifically address the issue of a spell checker but it might be of some use to you.

I've been using Scribus to create a newsletter for about a year now and I've evolved a "system" that's been good for me.

I create all of my articles using a text editor (which has a spell checker set to my own personal preferences). Each article is saved to a separate .TXT file in a folder which lets me organise all of the articles for a particular issue.

When I'm ready to start creating the newsletter the text for an article can be imported simply by using a right-click/Get Text... on an empty text frame and selecting the appropriate .TXT file.

By doing it this way I can build up a collection of articles (some one-offs, some multi-issue) which can just be imported if and when I need them.

At the same time, all the spell checking is done outside of Scribus so even if spell checking is introduced at some point I won't have to go through setting Scribus up to be the same as my text editor. Essentially I only need one spell check set-up that I can easily keep up-to-date with new acronyms/names etc.

I hope this helps.