Having problems changing default font in preferences/tools

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bookish Mama

Hi all,

I've been using Scribus for a fair bit, and understand that there's no way to change the entire document's font, but I've read on the wiki how to change the default font in File > Preferences > Tools but no matter how many times I change the font from Arial to Georgia on the Default setting then click Apply nothing happens.

I messed around with the export button but that was no good as well.

If I were to get rid of all the available fonts apart from Arial, would that work??? Or should I not even start down that route?

Any help much appreciated. I'm working on an 180 page book for charity and would like to know about these shortcuts.

Thanks!

a.l.e

hi mama,

here some short directions:

changes in the preferences are applied to the documents you will create in the future (file > new)
changes in the document settings are applied to the current document.
if you want to change the font for the whole document, the best is that you have a look at the styles... there is a default style in there...

finally, changes to the text tool (like changing the default font used by it) will  only apply to the text frames you will be creating in the future, not to the text you already have in your document.

hope that helps!
a.l.e

The Bookish Mama

Thank you very much  :D

This was the first time I ventured out into Edit > Styles and I'm delighted to see Arial out of the default text box in Properties. Fantastic!

Thanks a lot for your time and help :-)

The Bookish Mama

Hi again!

I'm using Scribus 1.4.0 and something weird/marvellous has happened just now. I've just realised all the font has changed - for the whole document. Wow! I didn't think that was possible.

Strangely though, the gaps between the individual pages have increased. Has anyone got any ideas about how to remedy this?

Thanks again.

a.l.e

hi bookish mama

the scratch space can be changed in file > document > display > general > scratch space
(it mostly changes when you put large elements "out of the page"

The Bookish Mama

Thank you very much. You are an absolute star!

:D

Many best wishes to you :-)