Where's the WYSIWYG Text?

Previous topic - Next topic

DTPgal

Apologies for being a newbie and asking a really dumb question, but I've been working with the program a bit (OSX) and find many things I like - but one leaves me dumbfounded.

I can't find a way to manipulate text attributes in the main design window while working! 
Even the simplest of word processors allow you to change - font, size, color, bold, underline etc. as part of the basic UI tools.

Yes, there is the "story editor" window - but no WYSIWYG - it's completely plain text and any and all attributes given to it cannot be viewed while working in that window?

What am I missing?  Please don't tell me this is "just how it is"?   :-/

DTPgal

UPDATE - I think i found the place where it's done.

Properties - an extra pop up/contextual menu found by double clicking only.  Kind of strange, but it works better than story view!  :-)

For SOME REASON I had tried turning Properties ON before but the pop up widow never appeared which only added to my confusion -   This time I had quit the program and come back and tried it again and now it's there. (v1.4.0)

Solved I guess if there are no regular font tools anywhere in the menu bar (as one works in word processors).

Nermander

The properties palette applies to the selected object/text (as far as I know) and can always be brought up using F2.

Wena

Tab settings is found in the properties and while it dose a tab set it tends to move.

Any fix?

Wena

Christen_Anderson

Wena,
Try using styles?

~Christen
Scribus 1.4.0 on Windows Vista 32-bit

https://feathercurtain.wordpress.com/

Wena

I have tried and will again.

I have a 150 page book to do.!!!

Thank you.

Meho R.

Quote from: Wena on April 25, 2012, 07:02:34 PM
I have tried and will again.

I have a 150 page book to do.!!!

Thank you.

@Wena, can you provide an example file containing 2 or 3 pages with some dummy text and those movable tabs? And please, in a new thread, so that we don't go off-topic here.

Wena

I have taken this matter to a new thread; Tab Stops.
Thank you.