Moving from Apple Pages to Scribus for NGO newsletter

Previous topic - Next topic

peer

I volunteer for a community-based organization in East Africa that publishes a newsletter on an annual basis. Until recently we have been using the program Pages from Apple's iWork suite to produce the newsletter. However, we are interested in moving away from the program for a variety of reasons (compatibility is one) but would like to convert the currently used template into a Scribus template.

Now, the current consensus is that the template will need to be redrawn. We understand this.

My question is whether there might be someone within the Scribus community that is willing to be generous with their time in order to help us to make the transition (i.e. using our template to redraw a new one in Scribus)?

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nermander

I think going from Pages to Scribus is a quite big step, as far as I understand Pages is more like Open/Libreoffice Writer? (I have only seen Pages on my daughters iPad though, maybe the desktop version is different?)

a.l.e

if you can add a pdf with the current template, people could guess how much work is needed...

ciao
a.l.e

a.l.e

hi

it's doable with scribus... up do the soft drop shadows (well, with a bit imagination, i guess that the drop shadows can also be done...)

deadline?

ciao
a.l.e

peer