HOW TO INSTALL SCRIBUS ON ANY UBUNTU RELEASE IN 2-STEPS(Copy-paste to terminal)

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark.Van.Goth

This is just an alternative way to install Scribus on any ubuntu release.
While I was trying to install Scribus on my pc, I noticed that on the wiki page there were 2 repositories for each Ubuntu release.In addition to that, the code which is posted on the site doesn't add the gpg keys of the repository(The command is wrong).
To simplify the whole process of adding Scribus repository to the source list, I decided to write down a command, which automatically recognizes your ubuntu release(It adds the two Scribus repos with ONE SINGLE COMMAND and it's compatible with ANY UBUNTU RELEASE) and adds the gpg keys of the repository.

Just open your terminal and paste these commands into your terminal.

!!!NOTE:IN ORDER TO WORK, THE SCRIBUS REPOSITORY FOR YOUR RELEASE MUST EXIST!!!

1)ADDING THE REPOSITORIES AND KEYS
echo deb http://debian.scribus.net/debian/ $(lsb_release -cs) main | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list && echo deb http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/ $(lsb_release -cs) main | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list && gpg --keyserver pgpkeys.mit.edu --recv-key  5BC4CFB8EEF818CF && gpg -a --export 5BC4CFB8EEF818CF | sudo apt-key add - && sudo apt-get update

2)INSTALLATION OF SCRIBUS OR SCRIBUS-NG

INSTALLATION OF SCRIBUS
sudo apt-get install scribus

INSTALLATION OF SCRIBUS-NG
sudo apt-get install scribus-ng

Kalyan-sg

INSTALLATION OF SCRIBUS
sudo apt-get install scribus

INSTALLATION OF SCRIBUS-NG
sudo apt-get install scribus-ng
UNQUOTE

In Ubuntu 12.04 the above code will only install Scibus 1.4.0

How do I get Scribus 1.4.1

If I download Scribus 1.4.1 how do I install this in Ubuntu 12.04.

Kindly help

a.l.e

just a short notice: currently (end of may 2012) scribus-ng is only a transitional package (and is older than scribus).

scribus-ng will again be the current development version, as soon a development version (1.5.0) will be released.

Admin

Quote from: a.l.e on May 31, 2012, 09:48:47 PM
just a short notice: currently (end of may 2012) scribus-ng is only a transitional package (and is older than scribus).

scribus-ng will again be the current development version, as soon a development version (1.5.0) will be released.

More precisely - there is no scribus-ng in the Scribus Archive (the repositories that are listed in the Scribus Wiki). In Debian - scribus-ng is just a dummy empty package that installs the "scribus" package.
Scribus Forum Admin. Please PM with questions if you are having administrative problems with the forum.