Scribus > PDF Generation

[Solved] Post Script Transparency When Creating a PDF

(1/2) > >>

Morgen:
I have standard header/footer template that I use to create forms, unfortunately one of the forms I have comes from an outside source. I need to overlay this document, as provided, onto my standard template. I have generated a post script file, broken it into each sheet and inserted the sheets as an letter sized image over the template.

At this point if I generate a pdf in Scribus the post script images, which are transparent on the screen, are rendered with an obscured background that covers my template. Interestingly if I use an eps file the transparency is preserved, but encapsulated post scripts do not support margins so each image size is different and cannot be quickly inserted and maintain scale or proportion.

When I first ran into this problem I was running Scribus 1.3.3.14 but have since updated incrementally to Scribus 1.5.0svn in the hopes that it was a bug that would be fixed by newer versions. I am running Ubuntu 11.10.

Thanks for any suggestions that you may have.

Meho R.:
Which PDF version you're exporting to? Note that not all versions support transparency (PDF/X-3 being the most important and common example). Try exporting to PDF 1.4 or higher.

Morgen:
I usually use pdf 1.4 so as to remain compatible with folks using older versions of pdf readers but I think that I did try newer types without success.
I will check this and post back.

Morgen:

--- Quote from: Meho R. on March 16, 2012, 12:41:37 pm ---Which PDF version you're exporting to? Note that not all versions support transparency (PDF/X-3 being the most important and common example). Try exporting to PDF 1.4 or higher.

--- End quote ---

I am using pdf version 1.5.

Meho R.:
If you can post an example PDF file which shows the problem, along with an image for testing purposes, please do so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version