Edit image gimp link broken

Previous topic - Next topic

martymac

Each newsletter I do on Scribus I like it more & each issue gets more pictures, so streamlining/cropping the images is getting to be a HUGE issue.

This may not be a Scribus problem...but it (the "edit image" link) worked before and now when I click on "Edit Image" it doesn't connect to Gimp 2. So I am puzzled how to get it to link again.

Thanks- Marty

Christen_Anderson

Edit --> Preferences --> External Tools. From here, you can browse out to your Gimp executable.
Scribus 1.4.0 on Windows Vista 32-bit

https://feathercurtain.wordpress.com/

Wena

Yes, I am using Scribus 1.4 rc5.

I go to file pull down menu > down to External tools, there chose Gimp. I am using Gimp 2.6 on Windows XP Pro. I have not had any problems with it.  I have been able also to use Inkscap from that menu and create  a vector file.

But I have read somewhere that there is and update to Gimp,   2.8 but not able to find it, and that, so I am tolled can produce CMYK files.

Wena

Lou Siew Hei

GIMP 2.8 is still in its bug fixing stages, google 'GIMP release date' and you can see a lot of website talking about it. Expected in 2012 spring I hope.
There is a plug-in that can separate an RGB file into CMYK file, but not supporint editing in CMYK in GIMP. Go to GIMP plug-in registry to look for it.
Hope this helps.

patreg

Quote from: martymac on January 03, 2012, 04:40:54 PM
Each newsletter I do on Scribus I like it more & each issue gets more pictures, so streamlining/cropping the images is getting to be a HUGE issue.

This may not be a Scribus problem...but it (the "edit image" link) worked before and now when I click on "Edit Image" it doesn't connect to Gimp 2. So I am puzzled how to get it to link again.

Thanks- Marty

I had the same problem and solved this problem with a little exploration. I had no problem with my installation of Gimp and Scribus in my Ubuntu Linux laptop but my windows laptop had this "Gimp2 is missing" notification even if it's installed.

I am using Gimp2 in Windows 10 and was editing my brochure using Scribus 1.4.7.  Here's the solution:

In Scribus, Go to File --> Preferences --> External Tools. Find Image Processing Tool, change it from "gimp" or whatever is there with your Gimp2 executable found in C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.8.exe. Apply and click OK. Scribus should link with Gimp2.

I had a hard time looking for the answer to this problem hence I'm sharing it here as I felt many users need this detailed solution.