Help! Unable to Make Edits to Text Frames

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason B.

I am unable to make edits to text frames in a Scribus document.  I try to click on the text frames, but they will not open.

The document is not entirely "frozen" because it permits me to create and edit new text frames.

I can open the same text frames in an earlier version of my Scribus document, but I don't want to rely on this "solution" because I would be giving up several hours of work in the "frozen" document.

I would think that the problem is with some "select" feature, but I just don't really know.

utnik

hi jason

did you create a new layer? – in scribus you can only select items on the active layer!

utnik

Wena

I wonder, Jason B.  if the frame is locked? First, highlight the text frame, then go to the preference box normally at the right of the screen if there is an open lock there, if it's locked all you have to do is click it to open that text box.

Wena D. Parry

Christen_Anderson

Quote from: Jason B. on March 02, 2012, 08:23:37 AM
I try to click on the text frames, but they will not open.

What exactly do you mean by "open?" Do you mean that you can't edit the text? If so...

Are you double-clicking inside the frame?
Have you tried selecting the frame (by clicking on it) then using the "Edit Contents of Frame" button on the toolbar at the top?
Have you tried the Story Editor? (Ctrl + T)

~Christen
Scribus 1.4.0 on Windows Vista 32-bit

https://feathercurtain.wordpress.com/

khalid

I've had trouble with this for some time too. The problem lies in what "mode" Scribus is displaying the document. You cannot select layers in Preview Mode.