what is the correct place to put icc profiles?

Previous topic - Next topic

karruo

I would like to print a few photos with Scribus on my photo printer and manage the colours. I have colour (icc/icm) profiles for my display and printer (paper). I have tried to put these profiles to various places based on Scribus documentation I have seen, places such as {HOME]/.color/icc or {HOME}/.local/share/color/icc and to the environment wide /usr/share/color/icc/. But, Scribus does not show any of my added profiles under "color management" in the document setup. Now, I wonder what I am missing here. There is a "icc profiles" path setup under "preferences/general settings" when Scribus is opened but setting this to any of the {HOME°/... paths mentioned above had no effect. Is there something special needed to get Scribus to recognise the new profiles?

I am using the Ubuntu 11.10. The Scribus version is 1.4.0.rc3 and it is straight from Ubuntu repository.

Many thanks, Kari

karruo

A bit development... I installed the development version scribus-trunk (1.5.0.svn) from the ppa:scribus/ppa. Now, when I put my monitor profile into /usr/share/color/icc Scribus finds it and allows me to select it as a monitor profile. However, when I put the paper ICC profile of my printer to the same folder, Scribus does not find it and does not offer it to me as a printer profile. Is there something different of how monitor and printer profiles are handled in Scribus?

utnik

hi kari

you can only change the path to the color profiles when all scribus files are closed!
usually scribus will search '$home/.color/icc', '/usr/share/color/icc' and '/usr/local/share/color/icc' (at least if you're on a linux or unix machine...) – if you put your icc profiles into one of this folders, they should be accessible.

utnik

karruo

Thanks for your answer. However, as I wrote in my earlier message, when I put my monitor profile in /usr/share/color/icc/ (as you also suggested) it is available in scribus but when I put a printer profile in the same place, I cannot see it in Scribus. So, I am still wondering what is the difference? I found an old email saying that Scribus only accepts CMYK profiles as printer profiles. Is this (still) true?

Kari