Importing text from "WORD"

Previous topic - Next topic

Rcamby

I am new to this and would like to know how to do the following:
I have written several pages in 'WORD" and would like to transfer and edit them on Scrbus. When I import the pages they seem to just flow over all the pages with no clear boundaries. Even the space between the pages has text. Is there any way to correct this, so text just flows to the next page, just like in "WORD"? Is the answer, that I have to create only on page at the time? This would be very cumbersom if you are trying to write a book.
Please someone help me.
Rcamby

Nermander

In Scribus text should stay inside the text frame... and if the text does not fit you will get a "frame overflow" mark in the lower right corner.

So you must be doing something very strange.

a.l.e

hi rcamby,

you have to create one frame per page and connect the frames by using the "link text frames" in the toolbar.

as far i can tell, you have pulled one single frame down to cover all the pages you have created...

... we really need a scribus tutorial for 1.4...

ciao
a.l.e

Nermander

Note also that you can use Automatic text frames to have Scribus automatically create text frames on added pages (they are created "full page" though, based on the set margins).

Christen_Anderson

Quote from: a.l.e on January 24, 2012, 10:29:03 AM

... we really need a scribus tutorial for 1.4...

ciao
a.l.e

OT....
not setting myself up as a Scribus expert or anything, but I would be more than happy to update the current "freedom yug" tutorial to fit 1.4, if there's any interest....

cheers,
Christen
Scribus 1.4.0 on Windows Vista 32-bit

https://feathercurtain.wordpress.com/

a.l.e

personally, i don't think the freedom yug is the best tutorial...

on the one side -- in my very personal opinion -- it focuses on too many details which don't really matter for the typical newcomer and on the other side  goes through a type of product which is not the typical work for scribus newcomers, either.

other people will have other opinions on it.

ciao
a.l.e

Christen_Anderson

I'll ask around on the mailing lists later today when i get a chance.
Scribus 1.4.0 on Windows Vista 32-bit

https://feathercurtain.wordpress.com/