What is the fastest way to make two column book layout with 2nd column empty?

Previous topic - Next topic

aizaz

I want to create a book with a two-column layout. One column for the usual content of the book (text + images) and the 2nd column on each page should be empty to allow the reader to take notes while studying. (as shown in following image of an ebook).

I want to import the text content of my book from a doc file and want it to be filled automatically in the above-described layout.
I can do it manually, I know. But that would take a long time. Is there a better way to create a pre-defined template and then populate it with the contents?
[/size]

utnik

hi aizaa

Quote from: aizaz on April 09, 2020, 10:08:37 PM
I want to create a book with a two-column layout. One column for the usual content of the book (text + images) and the 2nd column on each page should be empty to allow the reader to take notes while studying.

i wouldn't call this a two-column layout. for me it is a single column with a wide margin on one side – and that's the way i would create it!
QuoteI want to import the text content of my book from a doc file and want it to be filled automatically in the above-described layout.

i would create a file with automatic text frames (but some scribus users don't recommend them...) and import the text chapter wise (right click: 'content' → 'get text'), unlinking the text chain after every chapter. scribus doesn't like very long text chains.

if you like to format your text in the text editor, scribus can import paragraph styles from your source document. but afaik libreoffice or openoffice will still work better than msword.

utnik