Questions Regarding Table boarders

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobilesailor

Greetings! I'm working on recreating some tables that I've made in word (image below). So far I've been able to duplicate the general structure of our datasheets (image below) but i still have a few questions regarding how to use tables, specifically...

- Am I able to make visible only several sides of a table border? I am aware of how to make the border of an entire textbox visible, however, with the way I have everything set up I only need some of the borders of a given textbox to be visible.

- Is there a way to have the textboxes expand as I type in them? That is one of the benefits of working with tables in Word/WPS, but it seems to be the case that if I type past the bounds of a textbox in Scribus the excess words simply disappear beyond the border of the text frame. This is not exactly the end of the world, as I know I can adjust the textboxes accordingly, but it wouldn't hurt if I could use that feature.

And my general question is whether or not my table is efficient, or if there is a better way to go about creating these. I'm sure I have more questions regarding tables, but if someone is able to shed light on these questions that would be much appreciated!

[attachment deleted by admin]