Where is the location of file "Help > Scribus Manual" ?

Previous topic - Next topic

yichuang驿窗

Hi,

I am looking for the Scribus manual file. I can click menu "Help > Scribus Manual" to display the file. The file looks like a CHM format.

My Scriubs is an appimage, and, I run this command ./scribus-1.5.5-linux-x86_64.AppImage --appimage-extract and got a a directory named "squashfs-root". In the directory, I can find many html files used by the Manual, but there is not a CHM file.

Can I make a copy of this file (CHM format)? I want to try to translate this chm.

a.l.e

hi  yichuang

the scribus manual is a bunch of html files in

share/doc/scribus/en

you can also get it from the git repository:

https://gitlab.com/scribus/scribus/tree/master/doc/en

ciao
a.l.e

yichuang驿窗

a.l.e

hi yichuang,

as you might have read in the other topic, i'm trying to start the creation of new help files for 1.5.x (1.6).

personally, i would not start now the translation of the scribus manual...
if you really want to translate scribus learning materials, i would go for one of the two floss manuals about scribus.

ciao
a.l.e

yichuang驿窗

a.l.e,

I am learning help, also the flossmanual % wiki. After I have all this knowledge, I decide which one to translate.

My current plan is to translate at least the scribus tutorial and then consider whether to add a large appendix to introduce DTP related content.

The DTP part is more valuable for Chinese(zh-cn) readers, I guess. Moreover, I have DTP work experience myself, so it should not be too difficult to translate.

And, I am looking forward to the new Help.

Thanks for your work~

yichuang驿窗

Quote from: a.l.e on December 08, 2019, 08:41:41 AM
hi yichuang,

as you might have read in the other topic, i'm trying to start the creation of new help files for 1.5.x (1.6).

personally, i would not start now the translation of the scribus manual...
if you really want to translate scribus learning materials, i would go for one of the two floss manuals about scribus.

ciao
a.l.e

I have finished learning the flossmanual and the tutorial, and, the flossmanual is not suitable for Chinese(zh-cn) readers, so, I will write a scribus-guide book by myself, for Chinese(zh-cn) readers.
It may take me about two months to complete.

a.l.e

ok, good luck with your manual and share the results!

ciao
a.l.e